The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
It was a good week mostly. I felt productive and got a lot done. Three new review opportunities went live on my site this week and a book blitz! Later today a new cover reveal will go live as well. And two cover reveals took place this week. I also got a nice chunk of assistant work done. So overall I got a lot of work done and am feeling happy with the amount of work I’ve done this week. Too bad that meant I had less time for blogging and have fallen behind on comments again. I had a pretty good reading week and managed to finish 3 books, a 5 star, a 4 stars and a 3 star read.
My boyfriend got his other two wisdom teeth pulled this week, which was the not so good part of the week. He was in some pain again and I didn’t sleep too well. But so far far this time was a bit less bad than the first two teeth.
Picture of the Week
This is one of my favorite types of licorice. They are called Harlekijntjes, which means harlequin/ jester. They are soft and sweet. Do you like licorice and what’s your favorite type?
What did I read this week?
This was a good reading week for sure, See no Evil was a great read with a fun premise. Betrayals was my third 5 star read of the year, loved this book! Can’t wait for the fifth and last book in this series to be released next year. Bloodless was the second book in a series about Henri who was a vampire and now is cured. It was a fun read, but something was missing to fully keep my attention.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Fried Rice with pumpkin and carrots
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Monday: Mashed Potatoes with carrots and baked tofu
- Tuesday: leftover Mashed Potatoes with carrots and baked tofu
- Wednesday: Hot Lightning
- Thursday: leftover Hot Lightning
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Fried Rice
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Illusory prophet by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Review: November by Audrey Carlan
– Lola’s Ramblings: Is a 3 star rating a positive rating?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Banana Bread Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing – New!
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – New!
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 21 November
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis 9 till 15 January – New!
I also got The Solar Express: An Alien Stepbrother Science Fiction Christmas Romance by Erin Hayes for review, but there’s no cover for that one yet. I got the Royal Trade for review. I got The Jakkattu Vector for review and will be reviewing it during a tour for the book, I already started reading it and so far it’s good. I bought Chosen by a Dragon on release day, I really enjoy her books so far, so I try and buy her new releases as long as I still have amazon gift card money left.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):