The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was still a bit off, just like last week I felt like I did a lot but I wasn’t feeling as productive. This week was a bit better than last week. And maybe it just feels that way, but it sure is annoying. We’re trying to change our routine a bit which always is a bit rocky. I worked on some ideas for Lola’s Blog Tours, my first audiobook tour ran this week and I got a chunk of assistant work done. So overall I did got things done. I did fall behind again on commenting, but I’ll try and catch up today.
And I had a smart idea for something on my Lola’s Blog Tours site, although actually it’s really simple and I can’t believe I didn’t think to do this before. The services page was getting way too long with all the information I tried to fit in it, now I made a drop down menu with different pages for each type of service. I think it looks a lot better this way as all the pages are manageable length now. I did have to go and change some links and probably still forgot a few, but I am still happy I made the change.
I have quite some plans in the work for Lola’s Blog Tours, but I’ll announce those when I can. I didn’t got many new authors last month and it got me down a bit, so I am worrying a bit about that, but strangely enough it also got me thinking about how to improve things and what to do next. So I spent some time planning things and hopefully it will attract some new costumers. The ups and down of having your own business really is one of the most stressful things about having your own business.
And I have a favor to ask of you. If you have a mobile device (preferably a phone) could you visit my site Lola’s Blog Tours on your device and let me know what the theme looks like? My theme isn’t adaptive as far as I know, but I do have a plugin that should make it look right on mobile devices. But as I don’t have a smartphone myself I never got around to checking it and sites on the internet that show you how your site looks on mobile vary with results. I keep pushing this away to do later, but I figured this is important to get right and if my theme doesn’t show up I should figure out how to make sure it also looks nice on mobile. Thanks in advance!
Posts I’ve written this week that count for Blog Ahead: 2
– My To-Be Read List #27: poll – 5 November 2016
– Review: The Illusory Prophet by Susan Kaye Quinn – 14 November 2016
It seems I only got one or two post written each week. I still have two days left for this challenge, but not sure if I can actually get a post written today or tomorrow. At the moment I am at 18 scheduled posts, so I didn’t reach my goal to get at 24, but still happy for every posts that I got done.
Picture of the Week
This is a bread we sometimes buy when we want something different. usually I just buy normal whole wheat bread for me and something with some seeds for my boyfriend. This bread is one of the special type of breads our supermarket sells and I sometimes buy one as it’s pretty good. It’s white bread with some seeds and such in it and there is a bit of salt on the outside. It’s so good I usually just eat it plain. What kind of bread do you buy when you want something a bit different? And what kind of bread do you usually buy?
What did I read this week?
I read two books this week, which is pretty normal for me, one 3 star and one 4 star read. I finished It’s Your Party, Die If You Want To and already reviewed it, just managed to finish it the evening before it had to go live, oops ;). It was an okay read, had some fun parts and some parts that didn’t quite work for me. The Illusory prophet was a great read, I love Susan Kaye Quinn her books and have been waiting for this book for quite some time and it sure was worth the wait!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Tomato Pasta sauce with pumpkin and gnocchi
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Sugar
- Monday: Japanese Curry
- Tuesday: leftover Japanese Curry
- Wednesday: Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
- Thursday: leftover Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
- Friday: tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Couscous with veggies and egg
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Murder at the Mansion by
– Review: How the Ghost was Won by Erin Hayes
– Lola’s Ramblings: Why I enjoy Gaming
– Lola’s Kitchen: Sweet Tofu Curry Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #27: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Book Blitz: Playboy Assistant by Roe Valentine – 1 till 7 November
I got Distant Horizon from the author as a thank you for organizing her cover reveal. It sounds pretty good, so I am looking forward to reading it. I lend November from Berls from fantasy is More Fun. I already started reading November.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- Buttered and Scrambled with Murder by J.R. Pearson (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Seduction, Deceit & a Slice of Apple Pie by Allison Janda (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- A True Alpha Christmas by Alisa Woods (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Alpha Meets His Match by Georgette St. Clair (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Delivered to the Aliens: Cosmic Connections by Nancey Cummings and Starr Huntress (sci-fi romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Wind Catcher by Jeff Altabef and Erynn Altabef (Paranormal) Amazon|Goodreads
- Minor Gods by A.M. Yates (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Of Ice and Snow by Amber Argyle (fantasy) Amazon|Goodreads
- Oreo Sprinkled Murder by Susan Gillard (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Witch Is When Life Got Complicated by Adele Abbott (Paranormal Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Raining Men and Corpses by Anne R. Tan (Cozy Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Hidden Realms: A Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Bundle Amazon|Goodreads
It sure was a good week for freebies, I didn’t realize I got so many of them until I started listing them all here 🙂