The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
We finally have gotten some cooler weather these past two weeks. It’s really beginning to feel like fall now, which is nice. After the long summer we had I am ready for fall now! I had a mostly good week this week that got a bit less good towards the end. I spent a lot of time writing and scheduling blog posts, I got I think 2 Lola’s Kitchen posts and 3 Lola’s ramblings posts done this week. I am so happy to get some Kitchen posts written again and I have 3 of them schedule at the moment and plans for more. For the moment I am sticking with 1 posts once every two weeks approximately.
My boyfriend got two of his wisdom teeth removed this week, so I spent some time worrying about that. He has been in quite some pain so far and while he did got some pain medication and have been cooling it, the pain seems to come and go. It hasn’t made for a good few days and I hope he will be feeling better soon.
Posts I’ve written this week that count for Blog Ahead: none. I didn’t get to write any posts so far this month.
Picture of the Week
I bought this pastry this week when grocery shopping. It’s called a maple pecan braid, there’s some kind of filling on the inside and some pecans on top. It’s make of some sort of pastry dough and it’s pretty good. Did you eat anything good lately? Do you have something similar like this where you live?
What did I read this week?
This week wasn’t too good of a reading week, but with 2 books read it wasn’t too bad either, especially as one of them was a really good one and I also made some progress on my current reads. Besides those listed above I also finished How the Ghost Was Won by Erin Hayes, cover isn’t revealed yet, so I haven’t included it above. It’s a western paranormal read with a bit of romance and some great twists at the end. Muffins and Mourning Tea was another great read in this series and I am already looking forward to the next book!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Couscous with veggies and egg
- Chocolate peanut bars with cornflakes
- Monday: Potato Curry
- Tuesday: leftover Potato Curry
- Wednesday: Hot Lightning
- Thursday: leftover Hot Lightning
- Friday: Tomato Soup with French Bread
- Saturday: Wraps with veggies in chili sauce and veggie nuggets
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Faerie Wrath by Emma L. Adams
– Review: Dating for Decades by Tracy Krimmer
– Lola’s Ramblings: Do you check your spam?
– Reading Challenges 2016: third quarterly recap
– My To-Be Read List #26: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Lola’s Advice: How to Run a Giveaway
– Review: I am not Afraid of Wolves by Erin Hayes
– Review: His To Protect by Karen Rock
– My To-Be Read List #26: the winner
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Before I Shatter by Mandy Peterson
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Newborn by Edward Hoornaert – 7 October
– Happily Ever Alpha – 15 October
– Amanda Lester and the Red Spider Rumpus by Paula Berinstein – 18 October
– Book Blitz: In the Line of Duty by Carolyn Arnold – 3 till 9 October
– Blog Tour: The Best Part of Me by Jamie Hollins – 10 till 23 October
– Book Blitz: Saven Box Set by Siobhan Davis – 11 till 18 October
I got the Due South Boxed Set while it was discounted for only 0.99$. I’ve been curious about this series and already got the first two books when they were free, but I couldn’t resist getting the next 3 books as well for that price. the sale still runs til today if I am correct. here’s the link to amazon.
Pets in Space I got for review and I am so excited about this one. I mean it’s pets and space, it sounds like it will be a fun anthology. And I know a few of the authors who are part of this set.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them): Blood Lust (Paranormal), Cipher (paranormal/ dystopia), Alien Prince’s Bride (science fiction romance/ aliens), The Immortals (Urban Fantasy), Marcus (Science Fiction Romance), Love Potion #9 (Paranormal Romance Anthology), A Generation of Vipers (Paranormal), Betrayal’s Price (Paranormal Romance) and The Mystery of Hollow Inn (MG Mystery).