The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Wow it was a warm week here in the Netherlands. Really warm. We’ve had mild weather so far this summer, but this week the temperatures got pretty high. I am happy to have a job working from home as I just didn’t want to move. It was a good productive week. I just wish it was less warm, the warm weather always makes me a bit annoyed and I sleep less well.
And Anna from her Herding Cats and Burnign Soup her annual Support the Troops Auction took place. It ran till July 3th, so it has ended now. I had donated a book blitz and it was fun to check the bids throughout the week and I am excited to organize a book blitz for the author who had the highest bid! Anna did a great job organizing the auction and I had fun participating.
Monday Snickers had her surgery. I was a bit worried, but it went well. the vet did say it was a bit harder surgery this time as the tumor was bigger, and so was the price. He’s not sure if the tumor was a malicious or not, but he was pretty sure he got most of it removed, so let’s hope for the best. Most rat tumors aren’t malicious though, but it is a bit suspiscious when they get tumors almost on the same place and they grow as fast as this one did. Snickers had a burst of energy when she got home, probably due to the painkiller. After that we both took a nap. I bought lots of yummies for her to eat during her recovery and it seemed to work. She ate lots of avocado and baby food. She seemed to love the baby food and didn’t even noticed when I mixed in her painkillers. I bought some extra baby food and frozen mango this week. Smarties also seemed happy with the frozen food and baby food especially with the warm weather. The extra fluid and cool food is good for them.
Remember how last week I did a post about netgalley on my blog. And one of the things I mentioned how it was a bit too easy to request books on netgalley and it required only one click? I am sure it’s enitrely coincidental, but last week when I was over on netgalley I hit that request button for a book and instead of sending my request another question appeared asking me what about the book appealed to me with 4 things you could click on: author, description, cover and I keep hearing about this book. Then you could clik on those that apply and had to hit the request button another time. Have you seen this extra question on netgalley already? What do you think of it?
Beside that not much happened. I got a bit blogging done, one Lola’s Kitchen posts drafted, I didn’t got much commenting done beside commenting back. I did read, but as both books I am reading are pretty long I still haven’t finished them. I am really enjoyed them though.
I finished Love Games this week and started Led Astray on my ipad. I’ve been making my way through Vision as evening book. I am really enjoying both of them, but it’s been slow going as both are pretty long books. They will both count towards the scavenger hunt as well.
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Smarties in her clean cage in the Sputnik
Smarties pancaking. I think she was a bit warm. I gave her some frozen advocado to cool down
Snickers spends most of ehr days on the couch where I set up a sputnik for her and a toilet and fleeche to give protection. Here I am giving her some water with a syringe.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Korma
- Monday: leftover Korma
- Extra: Chunky Monkey Brownies
- Tuesday: Mashed potatoes with corn and fish/ vega meat
- Wednesday: leftover Mashed potatoes with corn and vega meat
- Thursday: Mie and sereh curry
- Extra: Crumb Cake
- Friday: French Bread Pizza
- Saturday: Dal Dhokli with naan
This week I blogged about:
– Review: What Happens in London (What Happens #1) by Jen McConnel
– 2015 New Release second quarterly recap post
– Book Resolutions Challenge: June recap
– Blog Tour: When Faults Collide by Claire Granger
– Lola’s Ramblings: What do you think of Series and Standalones?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Red Curry with Pineapple Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #11: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Bride on the Run (Runaway Brides #4) by Joanne Rock and Catherine Mann
– Review: Pregnant by the Cowboy CEO (Diamands in the Rough #3) by Catherine Mann
– Cover Reveal: Destiny Rising (True Calling #3) by Siobhan Davis
– Lola’s Ramblings: How do you Decide Whether to Continue a Series?
– Lola’s Kitchen: Spinach Masala Quiche Recipe
– My To-Be Read List #11: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Review Opportunity: The Other Side of Summer by Elyse Douglas – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Case and Hard Case by Marc Hirsch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Love Spell by Mia Kerick – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Cursed Ground by A. Roy King – sign-ups open till further notice – New!
– Cover Reveal: To Be Honest by TC Booth – 7 July
– Cover Reveal: Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis – 8 July
– Cover Reveal: Kenna’s Reverie by Claire Granger – 13 July
– Cover Reveal: The Coming of Arabella by Joanne Guidoccio – 14 July – New!
– Cover Reveal: Hard case by Marc Hirsch – 15 July
– Cover Reveal: Tight Laced by Roxy Soulé – 16 July – New!
– Cover Reveal: Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas – 17 July
– Trailer Reveal: The Silent Treatment by Melanie Surani – 21 July – New!
– Cover Reveal: Destiny of the Queen by Jacqueline Patricks – 30 August
– Book Blitz: 3volve by Josefina Gutierrez– runs from 6-12 July
– Book Blitz: Heir of the Blood King by W.O. Cassity – runs from 20-24 July
– Book Blitz: To Be Honest by TC Booth – runs from 21-27 July
– Blog Tour: Kenna’s Reverie by Claire Granger – runs from 1-14 August
– Blog Tour: The Dating Intervention by Hilary Dartt – runs from 1-14 August
– Blog Tour: Miles Apart by Rhona L. James – runs from 1-21 August
– Blog Tour: Guardian by Katy Newton Naas – runs from 3-16 August
– Book Blitz: Love, Defined by Leila Tualla – runs from 4-10 August
– Book Blitz: Love Easy and Love Hard by Roe Valentine – run from 17-23 August
I didn’t receive any new books this week.