The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Happy New Year everyone! I liked seeing all the New Year’s resolutions posts on blogs this week and it really feels like a new year now!
I spent quite some time on wednesday in the kitchen, making cinnamon rolls with banana for the New Years brunch/ high tea on Thursday. Beside that we didn’t do anything special for New Years. On New Years eve we stayed home, I did some reading and blog commenting and in general we just had a nice and relaxing evening. Then when it was the New year we watched some fireworks, but it wasn’t really all that special. Some new things, like purple, pink and deep red fireworks, which was fun to see. I had a headache, so after watching some fireworks I went to bed.
And I got an e-mail from Jetpack, one of my plugins, with an overview/ stats for Lola’s Reviews this year. It was really fun to see. You can see my Jetpack statistics overview here. I posted on 315 posts this year. And the top commentors were Michelle from Because Reading, Red Iza, Herding Cats and Burning Soup, Berls from Fantasy is More Fun and Jean from Happy Indulgence! Thanks for commenting so often!
On thursday we had the high tea/brunch. My mom, her husband, my sister and her boyfriend and the daughters from my mom’s husband visited. My sister had made pancakes and carrot cake. My mom made some delicious chocolate petite fours and scones. And there was much more, but this is about what I ate. There was so much food I didn’t get to try it all.
My mom also got me a kitchen scale as a late christmas present, I am currently using the one from my sister, but I wanted one of my own so I have one when she decides to move out. So I am really happy I got one. My mom also made some new hammocks for the rats, yay! I was getting really short on hammocks as they bite holes in them sometimes, so it’s nice to have a few more. My boyfriend got a juicer, to make orange and lemon juice. I bought some oranges this week so we could try it out!
Also we had an issue with our boiler, the pressure was low, so I asked my mom’s husband to fill it with some extra water when he was here on thrusday for the brunch(this needs to be done about 2 or 3 times a year). Unfortunately something went wrong as a part of the boiler was old and it broke and the water just flew right out of it. Then it kept dripping, until the pressure was so low we didn’t have hot water anymore. Luckily the weather wasn’t too cold so we could deal with not having warm water, but it was weird not having warm water. I kept turning on the sink and wondering why the water didn’t got hot. We submitted a request to the company from which we rent the house, luckily they came and fix it on friday so we only had one evening and one morning without hot water, which wasn’t too bad.
I also made an appointment with the doctor assistant to get my ears cleaned next monday and submitted a request for blood testing as I was concerned about my B12 maybe being low as I am a vegaterian. The doctor assistant had to send me request to the doctor first, so I hear more about that next week. I am pretty proud of myself I actually made the appointments as normally I procrastinate things like this. I hate going to the doctor even when I know it’s for the best, it always makes me nervous.
I am really excited that my new feature Lola’s Kitchen is starting next week! It will be a weekly feature on friday, I already have posts scheduled until the first week of April, so it feels like I already did a lot of posts. I am excited to finally be able to share them with you! I hope you’ll enjoy reading the posts as I did making them :).
I finished my first book for Coyer, Paragon by Autumn Kalquist, my review will be up next week. And I started my second Coyer book: Soul Enslaved by Keri Lake. It also counts for my 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge, so yay for that!
I also decided to join a historical romance reading challenge, which is hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup. This challenge neatly ties in which one of my Bookish Resolutions to read more historical romances. She is also the one who convinced me I had to give this genre a try.
So three year long challenges this year, which is a big change from zero last year. I always stayed away from reading challenges, not wanting to have the commitment. But after joining Coyer last summer I realized I was missing out, so I am giving the reading challenges a chance this year!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
– Sunday: Green Bean Casserole – failure
Extra: Peanut Butter Cookies
– Monday: Fried Rice
– Tuesday: Risotto
– Wednesday: Ramen
Extra: Cinnamon Rolls
– Thursday: Chicken Korma
– Friday: Gado Gado
– Saturday: Spaghetti (made by my boyfriend)
Extra: Sugar Cookies
Random Picture(s) of the Week
I kinda had a bad day on saturday and tried cheering myself up by making cookies, here’s a picture of my Miffy cookies made with my new Miffy cookie cutter I got from my sister for christmas. http://lolasreviews.com/my-to-be-read-list-5-poll/
This week I posted about:
– Lola’s Ramblings: ten new to me authors in 2014
– Lola’s Ramblings: Best books in 2014
– Lola’s Ramblings: Happy New Year + new year resolutions
– My To-Be Read List #5: poll
What to expect next week on the blog
– Review: Forbidden by Kelley Armstrong
– Review: Paragon (Legacy Code #2) by Autumn Kalquist
– Lola’s Ramblings: Books you Hate by Authors you Love
– Lola’s Kitchen: General Tips
– My To-Be Read List #5: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
I didn’t got any new books this week.