Today’s post is a bit different than I usually do. I am really enjoying S.J. Pajonas’s new Flyght series so far, and wanted to tell you more about it than what I alreayd mentioned in my review, so I thought I would do a top ten list about reasons why you should read this series. I hope you have fun reading this post and I can get you excited for this amazing series.
About First Flyght
My Rating: 4 stars
Genre: Science Fiction Romance
Age Category: Adult
Type of romance: Reverse Harem
Her future is brighter than the stars. But one betrayal will change everything…
Vivian Kawabata can’t wait to claim her privileged destiny. But when the heir to the family agricultural empire finds her bank account empty while shopping for expensive shoes, she’s horrified to discover that her own brother has financially stabbed her in the back. To stand a chance of restoring her rightful place in the universe, the honest and rule-following Vivian may have to break a few intergalactic laws.
After securing an old ship from her aunt, Vivian takes on two new roles: a sexy heiress collecting eligible husbands and a hard-nosed captain rebuilding a lost fortune by any means necessary. Completely out of her depth, she’d be sunk without the help of a relationship broker, a handsome ex-boyfriend, a hacker with a heart of gold, and the other potential partners she meets along the way. With a business that runs the razor’s edge between trade and smuggling, can the former high-society socialite get the money she needs or will her brazen ambition lead to a deadly crash landing?
First Flyght is the first book in the Flyght Series of sci-fi reverse harem romance. If you like action-packed space operas and a universe full of twists, then you’ll love S. J. Pajonas’s interstellar adventure.
Note: This is a slow-burn romance series!
I reviewed this book last week, you can read my review here.
Ten reasons to read The Flyght Series
- Vivian. I like Vivian as main character. She worked so hard to take over her family’s farm and after all those years of studying she finds out her brother stole everything. She then makes a new path in life and is determined to get her family’s farm back. I like how determined she is to get the farm back, it’s clear how much she loves the place. I like how she handles situations, but she’s also a realistic character who struggles with things at times.I think she’s a likable character and it’s easy to root for her and hope she gets a her farm back and finds happiness.
- Jinzo. I love Jinzo. He’s so sweet and awesome. There are no doubts he would do a lot for Vivian. Sadly you only get to meet him in book 2, but all the more reason to pick up book 1 now so you can read it before book 2 releases on 4 October.
- The unique sci-fi world. Two systems with planets, lots of culture and unique touches like special seeds and sea monsters. I love spending time in this world and discovering more about it. The world and the different planets and cultures really come alive. Pajonas really does a great job with the world building. You can read more about the world of the duo systems and see the world map here on her site.
- The romances. This book is a reverse harem book, which means multiple romances. I love how Pajonas writes romances and this series is no exception. I am excited to see how Vivian and Ken’s romance will develop and the author already has me sold on Jinzo. And who knows how many men Vivian will end up with? It will be fun to see how she handles the different guys and see the different romances develop as the series progresses.
- Ai. I love the ship’s AI who is called Ai. She has a lot of personality and pop ups in a lot of conversations, she used to be the AI for a sex bot, so she also has some unusual advice at times. There really are some great scenes with her in it and I like how much personality she has. She brings some well timed humor to the story as well.
- The side characters. This series has a great cast of side characters, from Vivian’s cousin Skylar, to the hacker genius, to the relationship broker Marcelo. And the love interests ofcourse. They all have their personality, troubles and dreams as well. I like reading about them and seeing how Vivian interacts with them. Also check out this fun post on the author’s site about her casting inspiration for the characters.
- The surprising twists. Pajonas sure knows how to writes twists, this series already has had some great twists and I only read the first two books so far. It’s definitely full of surprised and interesting reveals. I like seeing in which direction things go and then I think I know where things are going and another twist hit.
- Realism. As I’ve come to expect from Pajonas books, this series also has a great amount of realism. Sure it’s set in space in a futuristic world, but that doesn’t mean it’s not realistic. Then there are things like Vivian struggling to get enough sleep and adapting her routine, which just add that level of realism that makes it more fun to read an easier to relate too. Not everything goes smoothly, but not in a way that feels like it’s meant to create drama, but in a realistic way. I like that touch of realism in Pajonas’s stories.
- Flyght. The series is titled after the company flyght, which is a bit of uber in space. Ships can register there and then accept to transport clients or products. It’s such a fun concept and I like seeing how it guides a bit of the journey Vivian and her crew is on. They’re taking on people or cargo and shipping it to other planets and also problems that come along with those shipments.
- The animals and plants. There are both animals and plants aboard the space ship and I like how the author found ways to put the plants and animals in the story. As I like reading about them.
Okay so that’s ten reasons why I think the Flyght series is so good! I really hope you give this series a try. And don’t miss the special 99 cents release day price! It’s a great deal to get the first book in an amazing series for that cheap. If you decide to pick it up or read it, please let me know as I would love to talk with you about the series.