The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a week with some good things and some bad things. I still felt a bit off this week and had a few days where nothing seemed like fun, I cut my finger while cooking and spend a whole day with a nasty headache. I also had some trouble deciding what to read this week. One the good side I spend one evening reading and almost finished a book in a day. I also got a Star Wars game from my boyfriend and I can’t wait to play it. And I signed-up for Coyer Summer Vacation, which started yesterday I made a list of books I plan on reading this summer.
I have been gaming a bit more in the last few weeks, I’ve been playing Tropico 4, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in time and Super Avalanche 2 mostly. All of those are computer games except for Ratchet & Clank that’s a ps3 game.
Next week will be a bit quiet on the blog, but I hope the week after that will be a bit busier again. Sorry I don’t really have much to say or write here, nothing really special happened and this week was a bit meh again.
This week I posted about:
– Coyer: Summer Vacation Sign-up
– Book Blitz: Her Secret Inheritance by Jen McConnel
– Book Blitz: Our Kind of Love by Shane Morgan
– Review: Aces Wild by Amanda Carlson
– Cover Reveal: In Between Worlds by Cassandra Giovanni
– Review: Fate Core System by Leonard Balsera, Brian Engard, Jeremy Keller, Ryan Macklin, Mike Olse
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Blog Tour: Summoned
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Blog Tour: Little Death by Roe Valentine – sign-us open till 3 August
– Cover Reveal: Complexity (Destiny #2.5) by Cindy Ray Hale – sign-ups open till July 14
A broken engagement sends Graciela Harper crawling back to Heron Creek with her tail between her legs, but finds the sleepy little town too changed to set her life right. Not even her budding drinking problem can obscure her Gramps’s failing health, or erase the mental picture of her first love happily married to her childhood best friend. To top it all off, she’s having a heck of time convincing the town’s dashing young mayor of her unfit-for-dating status.
When the ghost of 18th century lady pirate Anne Bonny starts insisting on a near daily audience, Graciela has to confront something else she never expected—being certifiably nuts at twenty-five years old.
Her brand new “I don’t give a crap” attitude makes it easy to dismiss the mysterious threats that seem to be tied to her search for more information on the long dead pirate, but when her family becomes a target, Gracie knows she needs to find out why the ghost insists on being a constant, reeking companion.
If Graciela can put aside her prejudice against people without a pulse, she may discover that Anne Bonny’s problems are intricately linked with her own. The past harbors answers could help the cantankerous spirit find closure, but she is, after all, already dead. If Graciela doesn’t move fast, she might find herself doing the haunting, instead of the other way around.