The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Happy new year! 2020 sure had it’s ups and downs for me and was a difficult year in many regards, but there are also some good changes and decisions I made and hopefully those lay the foundation for a great 2021.
I did my best reads of 2020 post this week. I always love doing that post and talking about the books that stood out to me last year. It really was a great year for reading. I read a lot of books and had some awesome reads.
This week I still worked a bit less and tried to relax a bit more. I had a few days were I was feeling overwhelmed, but it got better as the week progressed. I spent some more time gaming and some time in the kitchen this week. I still got some work done as well, I had a new tour that started, two media kits for future tours that I sent out, worked on a new media kit as well as plenty of email and some assistant work. I also closed my Christmas giveaway, picked the winners and ordered their books, which was fun.
And this week a new author contacted me for assistant work. It’s an author I already know, but haven’t worked with yet. I am really excited about this opportunity. And as I recently stopped working for another author I had plenty of space for a new one.
Then Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat. So not the best start to this new year. I just hope it’s not Covid-19, but so far it’s just a sore throat and no other symptoms or worsening yet. So fingers crossed I just caught a cold or something.
I spent some time in the kitchen this week, which was great. I hadn’t taken the time to make extra things besides dinner, so it was nice to set some time aside for that this week. Early in the week I made some glazed ham for my boyfriend this week. Then later in the week I made some mini cheesecakes, which taste great and I just love the look of them.
What did I read this week?
Mystic Pieces was an awesome start to this new paranormal cozy mystery series. I liked the main character and there are some great side characters too. The mystery was intriguing and I liked the psychic aspect. Dear Writer Are You in Burnout was a re-read as I wanted a refresher of all the good information in this book. I felt like I was getting close to another burnout and I hope I can avoid this, I am doing a lot better after this week. Learned Behaviors was a nice MM contemporary romance book, it didn’t fully grip me, but for the most part I enjoyed reading it.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Saving Their Wolf by Tori Knightwood
– Lola’s Kitchen: Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Spooks by Athena Flores
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
– Review Opportunity: Who Let the Demon Out? by Naomi Bellina
– Review Opportunity: Knitted and Knifed by Tracey Drew
– Blog Tour: Death and Decluttering by Nancy McGovern – 4 till 24 January
– Blog Tour: Heaven Falls series by Christopher C. Starr – 10 till 23 January
– Blog Tour: The Twelve Tasks by Katharine E. Wibell – 18 till 31 January
– Blog Tour: The Grimm Cases by Lyla Oweds – 18 till 31 January
– Bookstagram Blitz: Fractured by Shay Siegel – 25 till 31 January
– Blog Tour: Takakush by Raine Reiter – 1 till 14 March
– Book Blitz: Love and Other Moods by Crystal Z. Lee – 10 till 23 March
I got both of these for review. Wonderstruck from Netgalley and Bat Out of Hell from the author. Both are later books in series I started.