The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a good and busy week. I got a lot done this week both work related and other things that needed to be done, but it was a very full week. Luckily I had a great re-read to keep me entertained during my breaks and I set some time apart to bake this week.
As I mentioned last week two of the authors I do assistant work had some additional work for me, so I worked on that this week. It’s nice to have some additional work from these authors, especially as I’ll stop working for another author next January. For now it’s a bit extra busy, but luckily that’s only for another month and a half. I also put a new sign-up post live for a young adult fantasy blog tour this week. And two tours I organized were running this week.
I spent some time in the kitchen as well this week. I tried out a new cookies recipe which turned out better than expected, after a few things that didn’t quite go right while making them, they tasted great.
I always enjoy doing some cooking and baking after a busy week. I tweaked my hummus recipe a bit. I had adjusted it, but lost my adjusted version and now had to rediscover what I had changed and get the right amounts of everything. I plan to do a new hummus recipe post soon. It turned out delicious and I am so glad I spend some time on this.
I had some leftover pumpkin from a dish earlier this week which I turned into a vegan pumpkin cake with streusel on top.
What did I read this week?
I finished two books this week and they were both good ones. Falling Into Magic was a solid start to this new series. I had a few minor niggles and it took me some time to get into the story, but once the main character lands in the different world it got really good. I liked the subtle magic of this world. And I re-read Crash Land on Kurai and really enjoyed it. It was such a great read and I am happy I re-read it so I can get everything fresh in my head again before book 4 releases. I hope to re-read book 2 soon.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Checked In by Teyla Branton
– Review: The Runaway by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Spooks by Athena Flores
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
– Review Opportunity: Who Let the Demon Out? by Naomi Bellina
– Blog Tour: Welcome to Harmony by Dan O’Mahony – 27 till 17 December
– Blog Tour: Third Wheel by Kat Green – 27 till 18 December
– Bookstagram Blitz: Once Upon a Prince by Laurie Winter – 30 November till 6 December
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Gallagher Hotel by K.T. Rose – 1 till 15 December
– Blog Tour: The Flyght Series by S.J. Pajonas – 7 till 11 December
– Blog Tour: The Twelve Tasks by Katharine E. Wibell – 18 till 31 January – New!
No new books this week