The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another meh week. I hope I am not landing in a slump again. It was busy and even with the extra hours I put in this week, I still feel behind. Some extra tasks for my assistant authors that needed to be done this week. It also was still plenty of busy with tour work, with e-mails, sign-ups, two tours taking place and the media kit for the tour starting next week going out.
On a positive note, I did got quite a bit of audiobook listening fit in this week. I also tried out a recipe for orzo soup, which turned out really great. And that for the first attempt, yay! I also made a pistachio lemon cake, which was decent. Not as good as I had hoped. The flavor combination is a bit weird, but it is very fresh and nutty. When I have some more time I plan to type out some of the recipes I made recently.
There also was a visit to my boyfriend’s parents this week. And we took an evening off and re-watched the first tremors movie, which was a lot of fun. We haven’t seen the newest two yet, so we’re planning on re-watching the first few and then watching the new ones after that.
What did I read this week?
I actually didn’t finish any books this week, there is a reason for this. I was reading Christmas Cocoa Murder (a cozy mystery short story collection with 3 stories) and after reading 2 of the 3 stories I realized I wanted a change of genre and dived into Mischief and Mayhem, which I almost finished. So that leaves me with two almost completed reads. I also did a lot of listening to my current audiobook, but haven’t finished it yet.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Dine With Me by Layla Reyne
– Lola’s Kitchen: Banana Snickerdoodles Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– The Minimalistic Babe by Lola R. Marie
– The Guest House Witch by Desy Smith
– Dark Reflections by Kelsey ketch
– Roland’s Path by RJ Hanson
– The Composition of Order by Hilary Dartt
– Once Upon An Equinox by Dovie Ruth
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals currently open for sign-up
– Blog Tour: Kingdom Tiber City Blues by Anderson O’Donnell – 16 September till 6 October
– Book Blitz: Know You By Heart by Laurie Winter – 7 till 13 October
– Blog Tour: Delicious Disasters by Isabella Louise Anderson – 7 till 20 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Called to Inspire by Marsha DuCille – 8 till 15 October
– Book Blitz: Shadow Prophet by Andrea Pearson – 15 till 19 October
– Blog Tour: Grimworld by Avery Moray – 26 October till 8 November
Double, Double, Toil and Truffle I got for review from the author. I really like this series and am excited for this next installment. Eff this! Meditation I got through netgalley. I actually used toe wish for it function for this one as I couldn’t request it and didn’t expect to get it, so you can imagine how surprised and happy I was when days later I got an e-mail that I got the book. I’ve been looking for another meditation book to read and this one sounds really helpful, I am looking forward to reading this one. Sleeping with the Fishes is the third and last book in this cozy mystery mermaid series. I really enjoyed book 1 and hope to read book 2 and 3 soon.