The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy week again, but also a good one mostly. On Monday a cover reveal I organized took place, on Tuesday a blitz started and then on Friday two tours I organized started. I got a nice amount of assistant hours done and I also worked on the sign-up post for a tour that goes live next month. My Christmas giveaway is still going on and getting a nice amount of entries :). I announced my last discount of the year on Lola’s Blog Tours, a review opportunities discount. And I accepted a new assistant job, I am excited to start working for this author. I now do assistant work for three authors and I’ll think I stick with this amount for now.
So it was a pretty good week, I got a lot of work done and stayed busy with assistant work and some prepping for later on the days it was a bit quieter with tours. I did have one day that felt a bit off and were it felt like I didn’t get much done. But most days went pretty well. I also had a good reading week and bought some new books.
I won two giveaways this week, both on the same day, so I felt very lucky. I already received the amazon gift card I won and will receive 3 books in a series I was curious about later.
I do have the hardest time keeping up with blogging these past few weeks. It seems to go better for a few weeks and then some weeks it’s much harder again. I did do some visiting earlier this week, but then fell behind later this week again. I hope to do some commenting and visiting tomorrow.
November reading stats
- Amount of books read: 9 (2 more than in October)
- Favorite book: Chaos in Kadoma Ward by SJ Pajonas
- Most read genre: Contemporary Romance (3 book)
- Most read age category: Adult (5 books)
- Authors I read most books from: none (only read 1 book by each author)
- New to me authors: 3 (Hillary Thompson, Raye Wagner and Katherine Garbera)
A few more stats. This month I read 5 self published books and 3 from publishers (2 from HarperCollins and 1 from Kensington). I read 5 different genres this month, 2 Cozy Mysteries, 2 Fantasy books, 3 Contemporary Romance books, 1 Science Fiction Romance and 1 Romantic Suspense. All 9 of the book were full length. I had 1 five star read this month, five 4 star reads, two 3 star reads and 1 DNF. 7 of the books I read were books I received for review and 2 were books that I bought.
All were ebooks and 6 of them I read on my ipad, the other 3 on my Kobo.
I didn’t read 1 standalone this month (Christmas at the Candied Apple Café), I read 2 series starter (Shift of Shadow and Soul and Blood Oath) and 1 series ender (Foul Play).
Lola’s Blog Tours Christmas Giveaway
I am hosting a Christmas Giveaway on Lola’s Blog Tours! 3 winners will each win a book of their choice from the Bookdepository up to $10! The giveaway ends early December so the books will hopefully still arrive in time for Christmas or close around that time at least. And how awesome is that banner? Michelle from Limabean Designs designed it for me and I love it!
What did I read this week?
This was a great reading week! I finished reading 3 books this week and all were 4 star reads. Double Play and Perfect Victim were two great short stories in the Nadia Stafford series and I really enjoyed being able to read a bit more about these characters. Etched in tears was a great book, i really enjoy this cozy mystery series. And Seashells, Spells & Caramels was so much fun! I hope I can read book 2 soon as I really enjoyed this one.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: His Pregnant Secretary by Joanne Rock
– Review: Seashells, Spells & Caramels by Erin Johnson
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
– The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young
– Sweet Hollow Women by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Review Opportunity: Deck The Malls with Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– We Have a few good memories, don’t we? by Katie Lewington – 5 December
– Burning Westchester by H.L. Roberts – 8 December
– Book Blitz: Deck the Malls With Purple Peacocks by Amy Gettinger – 7 till 20 December
– Blog Tour: Dying for Space by S.J. Higbee – 14 till 31 December
I bought Unknown and Starshadow as they both sounded good. Unknown is a YA contemporary with some mystery and a revers harem. And StarShadow features a space race, which was enough to get my attention. Distant Light I got for review through Booksprout. I hand’t heard of that site before, but saw one of the reviewers mention it and was happy to get a copy for review. Their Siren was only 99c, it sounded interesting and I haven’t read a mermaid story in a while so I bought that one as well.