The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was one of those weeks were it felt that almost everything that could go wrong went wrong. It was a bit of a weird week. On Monday someone had to stop by to clean out the ventilation system, but he never showed up. Then I called the company on Tuesday and the guy stopped by that day instead. Then later that week a bike repair peep would stop by to fix my boyfriend’s bike, who also was delayed. I wanted to pick up some discounted product at the grocery store while waiting for him to show up and it turned out it was sold out. I bought a pint of pistachio ice cream instead to cheer me up. Then I had a DNF book as well and all those things just brought my mood down and brought a kink in my working routine.
Luckily I still did get a bunch of work done, it just felt less smoothly than normal with everything going on. I had a cover reveal take place this week, a 3 day book blitz run and a two week blitz that started. I sent out the media kit for the tour that starts next week and put two new sign-up posts live. I managed to stay on track with my assistant work.
There were some good things that happened this week, work was great, it was busy and I got some new clients; I bought pistachio ice cream, there’s this brand of pistachio ice cream that I am loving right now and this week just needed more ice cream. And I am currently reading an awesome book, Chaos in Kadoma Ward by SJ Pajonas. It totally sucked me in and I have the hardest time putting it down as I just want to keep reading. My sister visited on Monday, which was fun. She’s reading a series I’ve read as well and it was fun talking about it among other things.
Oh and twitter upped their character limit for tweets. I am still sort of surprised and weirded out by it as I am so used to condensing everything into 140 characters and now the limit is a lot higher. On the one hand I think it’s great as I can fit so much more in a tweet now and on the other hand it’s just weird and off as twitter is supposed to have only 140 characters per tweet.
What did I read this week?
Foul Play was an awesome ending to the series and I loved the couple in this book! It also had a well done mystery/ suspense plot line throughout the series that got wrapped up in this book. And three epilogues. It was awesome.
Christmas at the Candied Apple Café was a DNF, I liked the idea for the story and the characters, but it didn’t work for me. I didn’t care about the characters and decide to DNF it. I wrote a DNF review for it on Goodreads and have a DNF round-up post scheduled for the end of this year.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Veggies in chili sauce with veggie nuggets and wraps
- Monday: Peanut Pasta
- Tuesday: Peanut Pasta
- Wednesday: Fried Rice
- Thursday: Fried Rice
- Friday: soup with bread
- Saturday: Mashed Potatoes with Onion and carrot
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Fantasy of Freedom by Kelly St Clare
– Review: Chaos in Kadoma Ward by SJ Pajonas
– Review: Foul Play by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares
– Snowbound with an Heiress by Jennifer Faye
– The Breakup Support Group by Cheyanne Young>
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Something Just Like This by Tracy Krimmer – 20 November
– Rescuing Prince Charming by Edward Hoornaert – 21 November – New!
– The Lost Savior by Siobhan Davis – 27 November
– Burning Westchester by H.L. Roberts – 8 December – New!
– Rogue by S.A. Stephenson – 13 till 19 November
– Book Blitz: Rescuing Prince Charming by Edward Hoornaert – 28 November till 11 December – New!
– Book Blitz: There be Demons by MK Theodatus – 1 till 14 December
– Blog Tour: True Horizon by Laurie Winter – 1 till 14 December
– Blog Tour: Dying for Space by S.J. Higbee – 14 till 31 December
I did pretty well this week with not buying too many new books. I bought the box set book Kelley Armstrong released for Double Play and Perfect Victim. I enjoyed the Nadia Stafford series and I think it’s awesome she wrote two more novella’s in that work. I am currently reading Double Play. And I bought Air and Ash as it was discounted to 99c, it sounded like a great fantasy read and that cover looks so awesome.