The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy week. I had a lot of work to do, my boyfriend started this new job, we’ve trying to adjust our daily schedule a bit and some of those small time sucking things popped up. I put two new sign-ups posts live this week, one for a coloring book cover reveal and a contemporary romance book blitz with review stops. I had 2 blog tours, 2 book blitzes and a cover reveal take place this week. I sent out a newsletter to my author list about the new Lola’s Advice post. And I also did a bunch of assistant work.
And there was an incident with a trashcan and raw eggs. So here’s what happened, we had some eggs that I had for weeks, so I smartly decided to throw them away when I bought new eggs, but I had just thrown out the trash so they ended up in the bottom of the trashcan. I am sure you can figure out what happened when I added other trash on top. Let’s say it wasn’t pretty, the whole bottom of the trashcan was covered in raw egg and took a while to clean. The bath actually came in handy so I could scrub and clean out the trashcan well. I really hate the smell of raw eggs. So from now on I know to never throw raw eggs on the bottom of a trashcan. It was a mess.
Some good news. I actually managed to have 3 recipe posts scheduled at the moment, yay! I think I didn’t do any last month, so I am happy to have some scheduled for the future, the first one goes live next week. I also bought two box sets and an anthology this week for less than $3 total. And I finished two books, instead of my only one week tempo from last weeks. I also got a bit of gaming done again this week.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
Starflight and The Returns were both really good. Two solid 4 star reads. Starflight is a YA sci-fi book and it was a lot of fun. The Return was a great sequel and I would recommend this series for those looking for a great dystopian series. I reviewed the first book on the blog this week :).
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Onion pie
- Monday: Veggies in chili sauce
- Tuesday: Veggies in chili sauce
- Wednesday: Peanut Pasta
- Thursday: Peanut Pasta
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Lukewarm Couscous Salad
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Starflight by Melissa Landers
– Lola’s Kitchen: Mapo Tofu Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Amanda Lester Coloring Book by Paula Berinstein and Anna Mogileva – 24 July – New!
– Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis – 26 July
– Book Blitz: Worth Remembering by Holly James – 14 till 20 July
– Book Blitz: Withhold by Andrea Pearson – 18 July
– Book Blitz: Crash Land on Kurai by SJ Pajonas – 19 till 20 July
– Book Blitz: Storm of Hope by Leila Tualla – 1 till 7 August
– Book Blitz: The Sullivans Boxed Set Books 1-3 by Bella Andre – 14 till 27 August – New!
– Book Blitz: Sunsets at Seaside by Addison Cole – 23 August till 5 September
I bought the two box sets and the anthology each for $0.99. I’ve had my eye on the Cambria Code for a while and couldn’t resist getting the box set while it was discounted. And when I was about to buy it I noticed the Wonder Cats box set in my cart (and it was still only $0.99) and decide to buy that as well as it sounded fun. Marked by Fate Origins has two authors I already know (Kelly St Clare and Erin Hayes) and it sounded like a fun way to discover some new authors, so I bought it when it released last Friday.