The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Whew this week was a busy one. I got lots of work done, so it was also a productive week. Three new cover reveals went live this week on Lola’s Blog Tours. I did quite some hours of assistant work and I like how I already made a good start on this month’s work. I got some new books and read a lot too. On Saturday I took some extra time to cook curry and naan bread and it was delicious. This is the second time I made this curry and naan and it’s so good! I’ll post both recipes on the blog eventually.
Remember how was I raving about the Lily Singer series by Lydia Sherrer? Well the author is doing a kickstarter, which is a great opportunity to get signed copies of the books, exclusive extra’s (Like a Sir Kipling short story!) and other fun extra’s. You can check out the kickstarter here.
Besides that I don’t really have much to mention this week, but I do want to thank everyone who gave feedback about whether they would like some of my reading stats from January as based on everyone’s feedback I decided to include a section about my stats in my Sunday post. This section will be included in the Sunday post after the previous month has ended. I hope you like it! I had fun writing it at least :).
January Reading Stats
Last week I asked if you were interested in reading some of my reading stats, so here we go :). Some of my reading stats from January.
- Amount of books read: 13
- Favorite book: Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus Revelations by Lydia Sherrer which was the only 5 star I read
- Most read genres: Urban Fantasy and Contemporary Romance (I read 3 books in each genre)
- Most read age category: Adult (11 books)
- Authors I read most books from: Lydia Sherrer and Jill Shalvis (I read two books by both of them, a full length book and a novella for both)
- New to me authors: only 1 Kate Lowell. All other 11 books were by an author I already read
A few more stats. This month I read 9 self published books and 4 from publishers (3 from Harper Collins and one from Midnight Ink). I read 8 different genres this month. Of the 13 books I read 6 were novella’s and 7 were full length books. I read 1 book that I gave a 5 star, 5 books that got a 4 star and 7 books that got a 3 star this month. I read 6 books I got for review, one beta read, 2 books that I bought and 4 books I got for free.
10 of the books I read where read on my ipad and 3 on my Kobo. I read 6 books written in 1st point of view and 7 in third person point of view. I only read two books that didn’t take place in the USA at all, namely Ozoni and Onsens that took place in Japan and Faerie Curse that took place in the Uk.
I only read one standalone book (In With the New) and the other 12 were all series books. Three books from that were series starters and one series ender. I read two Young Adult books and the other 11 were all Adult books. 9 of the books I read had a human as main character, the others included a wizard, a witch, an alien and a squirrel shifter.
Any other stats you would like to know? I might answer that for this month and add that next month :).
Picture of the Week
Here’s a picture of the pumpkin curry I made yesterday. It’s so good! Yum! I forgot to buy tomatoes and the taste didn’t turn out right without it, but luckily I still had a small can of tomato puree left and I added some fo that. Which totally saved the dish.
What did I read this week?
Accidentally on Purpose was a good read, although it’s my least favorite of the series sp far. Nuts About You was a short and hot novella, it was fun to read about a squirrel shifter. Alien Frog Prince was an enjoyable read, even though I had quite some issues with it, it’s still a fun read. All three of these were 3 stars. My favorite book of the week was Dark, Witch and Creamy, which was such a great read. I love this author her other cozy mystery series and I was so excited she is writing a new series. I started reading this as soon as possible. I even moved one of my scheduled reviews to next month, just so I can share my review of this one soon! And I got book 2 for review, so I hope I can read that soon.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Lukewarm Couscous Salad
- Nutella Cookies
- Monday: Leek in curry sauce
- Tuesday: leftover Leek in curry sauce
- Wednesday: Fried Rice but with mie/ noodles instead
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice but with mie/ noodles instead
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Peach Crumble
- Saturday: Pumpkin curry with garlic naan
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Lola’s Advice: How to set up an ARC list
– Review: Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus A Study in Misschief by Lydia Sherrer
– Review: A Cowboy to keep by Karen Rock
– My To-Be Read List #30: the winner
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Ensnared by Rita Stradling
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Book Blitz: Reckless Hearts by Heather Van Fleet – 7 till 13 February
– Book Blitz: Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 21 till 27 February
– Book Blitz: Give Me Chaos by Jillian Ashe – 28 February till 6 March
I bought Dark, Witch and Creamy as it was only 0.99$ as I still have some amazon gift card money left and this way my review will count as verified. I already finished reading this one, it was so good! I got The Cats Who Crossed Over From Paris from the author, she offered me book3, but I preferred to start with book 1, so I got book 1 instead. It sounds like a fun and cute read. Empowered Agent was a book I had my eyes on since I first heard of it, it got released this week and was only $0.99 so I snatched that one. The Librarians and the Mother Goose Case I got through netgalley, I really like the tv series, so when I saw this one on netgalley I couldn’t resist. Witch Chocolate Fudge I got for review from the author. I also got Speak No Evil by Jordan Ford for review, but that no cover yet.
Freebies I grabbed:
Sorry didn’t make the time to type out my freebies for this week. You can see some of the freebies I got in my facebook post here from last week.