The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another busy week, I am starting to sound like a broken record by now as every week lately seems to have been a busy one. It probably will be another few busy weeks, but that’s good. I worked on some new tours, some are on the site already and some others not yet. A cover reveal I organized took place this week and I also did some assistant work.
I am trying something new on facebook. As you know I already share which freebies I got during the week in my Sunday posts, but sometimes the books aren’t free anymore then or a book is free that I already own so I won’t list it at my book haul. So I decided to start a weekly post on my fb page where I post discounted and free books in the comments as I encounter them. You can see the facebook post for this week here. You can like the post or comments to get a notification of when I add new books. I hope this makes it easier for people to find cheap or free books and I like spreading the word. I am going to give it a few weeks and see how it goes. I also mention the genre, price and if I have read the book or not.
I managed to write a Lola’s Advice post this week (it’s scheduled for February), I suddenly had inspiration for a post and decided to make time and write it while I had inspiration. I haven’t been feeling very creative or had any inspiration a lot lately, so I decided to make use of it. I also wrote a sign-up post for a challenge I am joining next year and the four quarterly recaps, even though they didn’t take as much time and effort, it still feels good to have them scheduled already. I don’t have any Ramblings posts scheduled for the next year yet, which makes me a bit sad, but I am hoping to at least schedule a post for when I don’t have an Advice or Kitchen post in that week. maybe later this month I can make some time to write a post or two. The next few weeks will be a bit slow in terms of posts as I am not reading as much as I used to, but so far I will have at least 4 posts each week (that’s including the Sunday post).
Oh and last week was my four year blogoversary! It’s hard to believe it’s been four years ago I started this blog. Thanks to Nicole from Feed Your Fiction Addiction for reminding me about my blogoversary. I once filled in my blogoversary on her site and she tweeted me to wish me happy blogoversary, which was fun.
I tried my new kitchen aid this weekend. I made hummus (I don’t like the stuff, but my boyfriend does). The hummus was so much smoother and it was easier to make then with a blender. It was fun to try out the new kitchen aid. It took some time to figure out how to assemble everything, but after that it worked great.
Picture of the Week
Sorry, no picture of the week :(.
What did I read this week?
Again a one book week, It was a fun read and I enjoyed it. I am about 60% done with my current two reads, so that’s good progress ;).
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Japanese Curry
- Cinnamon Swirls Cake
- Monday: Veggies in chili sauce with veggie schnitzel
- Tuesday: Veggies in chili sauce with wraps
- Wednesday: Curry with baked potatoes
- Thursday: leftover Curry with baked potatoes
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Wraps with curry sauce and rice
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: December by Audrey Carlan
– Coyer Winter 2016-2017: sign-up post
– Lola’s Kitchen: Chocolate Peanut butter bars with Cornflakes Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 29 December – New!
– Book Blitz: Swords & Stilettos by Kristin D. Van Risseghem – 4 till 10 January – New!
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 9 till 15 January
I got Dawn Study and Where we Were form netgalley. I still have to read Night Study, but I really have enjoyed this author her books so far, so I requested the third book in this series and luckily got approved, yay!
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- Taken by Laxmi Hariharan (Paranormal) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series, Books 1-3 by Annie Bellet (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Teacher’s Mail Order Bride by Cindy Caldwell (Historical Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram (YA Supernatural) Amazon|Goodreads
Also check out my facebook post here where I list freebies and cheap books.