The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a mixed week, some meh days, but there were also some good things that happened. The week started with lots of little things not going right and then on Wednesday we had a dentist visit. I hate going to the dentist. And now I have to go back in two months to get two caries fixed, not looking forward to that. And I had a headache that lasted for a whole day and I felt pretty bad. And it was another warm week, I am ready for some cooler weather by now. So that was the meh part of the week.
Luckily also some good things happened. I worked on a new cover reveal and book blitz sign-up posts and a few more new tours/ cover reveals got booked. So it was a good week for business and I’ve been quite busy with work, yay! And next week is my 3 year anniversary for Lola’s Blog Tours, so I am looking forward to that. When walking to the dentist we noticed they are opening a cinnamon bun shop there, so hopefully next time I go to the dentist it will be open and I can buy a cinnamon bun on the way back. I tried out my new garlic press that I got for my birthday and it’s great, saves a lot of time compared to cutting it by hand. My two current reads have both been good ones and I got some new books. I also won an amazon gift card, yay! I found a game that sounds really good that I added to my wishlist. And I made egg salad for lunch on Thursday. And on Friday I got to visit my mom, we had a nice dinner and talked a bit.
Picture of the Week
Sorry I didn’t take any pictures this week :(.
What did I read this week?
I didn’t read a lot of books this week, only managed to finish only one, but I did make good progress on my current reads. Faerie Realm was really good. I probably will be finished with A Mortal Song today, it’s really good! And Faerie Wrath is good too so far, it’s fun to read two books in the same series in a row on my Kobo as I hardly make time for that.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Lukewarm Couscous salad
- Monday: Hot Lightning
- Tuesday: leftover Hot Lightning
- Wednesday: Veggies in peanut sauce
- Thursday: leftover Veggies in peanut sauce
- Egg Salad
- Friday: dinner with my mom, Rösti with beets and Kaiserschmarrn as desert
- Saturday: Mashed Potatoes with sauerkraut and lentils
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Faerie Realm by Emma L Adams
– Review: A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe
– Lola’s Ramblings: How I experience being fluent in two languages
– Lola’s Kitchen: Oreo Creamcheese balls with chocolate
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Summer Haikus by SJ Pajonas
– Dominic’s Nemesis by D. Alyce Domain
– Secret Baby Scandal by Joanne Rock
– Micah by Lee DuCote
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Before I Shatter by Mandy Peterson
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Dementia Praecox by W.O. Cassity – 9 September
– Distant Horizon by Stephanie and Isaac Flint – 20 September – New!
– Amanda Lester and the Red Spider Rumpus by Paula Berinstein – 18 October
– Book Blitz: In Every Way by Amy Sparling – 13 till 19 September
– Book Blitz: Due South Boxed Set by Tracey Alvarez – 26 September till 1 October – New!
– Book Blitz: In the Line of Duty by Carolyn Arnold – 3 till 9 October
His to Protect I got for review for during a tour. Faerie Wrath I got for review and I am currently reading it. And I also got I Found My Rhino for review, but the cover isn’t released yet. Fire of a Dragon was bought with amazon gift card money that I won. I got Dying for Strawberries for review from the publisher on netgalley.
Freebies I grabbed:
This week I got the following freebies (they were free when I got them): Cappuchino’s, Cupcakes and a Corpse (Cozy Mystery), Awaken (YA paranormal/ mermaids), Successful self publishing (non-fiction writing), A Bramble House Christmas (Contemporary Romance/ Christmas) and Open Minds – Gefährliche Gedanken (YA sci-fi/ dystopia) one day I plan to learn german and then I can read this one, also it’s a great read. I already read it in English.