Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
In most cases I prefer scrambled eggs above cooked eggs, but I always have liked egg salad. I am pretty picky with what I like to eat on my bread, but egg salad always has been one of my favourites, so when I thought I deserved something extra I often bought some egg salad in the supermarkt. Then one day I decided to try and make it myself as storebrought egg salad is pretty pricey and my mom once gave me her recipe for egg salad. So I gave it it a try and since then I have been making it regulary. It’s easy to make, yummy and much better then storebrought egg salad. I can usually eat it 3 to 4 days on my bread.
This recipe is based on my mom’s egg salad recipe! Thanks mom!
- Eggs – 5
- Mayonaise – 2 teaspoons
- Yoghurt – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chive (optional)
This recipe makes enough egg salad for 3 or 4 slices of bread.
- Cook the eggs for about 10 minutes. Then cool them with some cold water and wait for a few minutes.
- Remove the egg shells and slice the egg in small pieces.
- Slice and dice the garlic cloves into small pieces as well
- Throw the egg and garlic in a medium bowl and add the mayonaise and yoghurt. If it isn’t enough, you can double the amount, I usually do. As long as you keep the right proportions, you can add as much as necessary.
- Then add some salt and pepper and chives (optional).
You can keep this good into the fridge up to about 4 days.
Boiling the eggs
Sliced egg in small pieces
Adding a tablespoon of yoghurt
Adding the mayonaise
Egg salad with pepper and salt
Yum, ready to eat my lunch!