THIS IS SEASON TWO OF DEBT COLLECTOR*
Recommended: start with Season One.
*pre-order of the full season available
What’s your life worth on the open market?
A debt collector can tell you precisely.
After dirtying her hands with the inner workings of Moloch’s Cult of Death, Wraith gets a glimpse of what Gehenna has to offer… and it may be the one thing she cannot resist.
Contains mature content and themes.
Temptation is approximately 15,000 words or 60 pages, and is the fourth of nine episodes in the second season of The Debt Collector serial. This dark and gritty future-noir is about a world where your life-worth is tabulated on the open market and going into debt risks a lot more than your credit rating.
It is recommended that you start with the first season, but each season is a complete story for that debt collector and can serve as an entry point to the series. There are five planned seasons in the Debt Collector series, the first four each from the perspective of a different debt collector with the fifth season bringing all four together.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
With every episode I get more and more ensnared into this world Susan has created. The Debt Collector is a great series, with an intriguing world and every episode opens up even more questions while revealing a little as well. The episode format really works for this series and every episode ends in such a way as to make me want the next episode without it begin a cliffhanger.
In Temptation we see how Wraith gets tempted to join Gehana, at the beginning I thought they didn’t have to offer anything but while their ideas are terrifying they do have something Wraith might want. It was interesting to see Wraith change in this episode and we finally get some answers about what Gehena is after.
I didn’t like Seth one bit, we don’t get a good idea of who he is, but what we did see of him wasn’t someone I liked. I still like Zachariel, even though I haven’t quite figured out how he fits into this and on who’s side he is.
I am really curious what’s going to happen next. Wraith has been placed into a difficult situation again. This one maybe even more difficult then the ones before and I am not sure how she’s going to get out of this.
To conclude: I really enjoyed this episode. We get to know a little bit more about Gehena and the episode ends with Wraith into another difficult situation. I can’t wait for the next episode!
You can add Temptation to your to-read list on Goodreads
You can buy Temptation here:
Other books I read and reviewed by Susan Kaye Quinn:
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Delirium (Debt Collector #1) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Agony (Debt Collector #2) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Ecstasy (Debt Collector #3) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Broken (Debt Collector #4) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Driven (Debt Collector #5) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Fallen (Debt Collector #6) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Promise (Debt Collector #7) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Ruthless (Debt Collector #8) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Passion (Debt Collector #9) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Debt Collector Season One (Debt Collector #1-9) – 5 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Wraith (Debt Collector #10) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Specter (Debt Collector #11) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Menace (Debt Colector #12) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Faery Swap – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #1) – 5 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs Trilogy #1) – 5 stars