Lola’s Ramblings is a feature on my blog Lola’s Reviews where I ramble on about a book related or a non-book related topic. These are discussion type of posts where I talk about a topic and readers can weigh in on the topic in the comments. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like tours, cover reveals, memes, challenges, recaps or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are discussions of a certain topic and my point of view on them. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
Today I want to about where I read. I think that most booklovers read on lots of different places, but we probably all still have our favourite places to read. I don’t go out a lot, but usually when I go somehwere I do take my books with me. I want to tell you about the different places I usually read and what my favourite place to read is.
Where do I read?
- In Bed. My bed is my favourite place to read. I usually read about half an hour till an hour before sleeping. I usually go sit in my bed during that time. I can focus solely on reading, it’s comfy and it calms me down before going to sleep. And there’s enough space to sit in different weird positions while reading.
- In the living room at the table. My ipad book I always read during my breakfast and sometimes during dinner or lunch. I always have my ipad lying on our dinner table (even though we never sit there anymore for dinner). I have a cushion lying on my chair and I find reading while sitting pretty comfortable.
- On the Couch. Sometimes I read while sitting on the couch instead of my bed. Or sometimes when I am reading earlier on the evening or during the day I go sit there. I even sit on the couch in some rare cases during lucnh and read there. I have a standard spot on the couch where I always sit while reading and it has that blue pillow you seeint he picture, that’s my spot.
- Behind my computer. To be honest this doesn’t happen often, if I am sitting behind my computer I am usually working, blogging or surfing the web, but I am not reading. The only time when I am reading behind my computer is if either internet has issues or my computer wants to restart or my computer is working on something intensly and I can’t do anything else.
- While Traveling. I love to read while traveling. When I went to univ I quickly picked up the habbit of reading while in the train there and while nowadays I travel less I still often read when I am traveling, especially when I am traveling far away. It’s just so nice to sit back with a good while in the train. The only thign I dislike about reading while traveling is that I can’t switch positions as well as there’s limited space or leg room in trains and buses. Oh and I can’t read in cars, then I get nauseous.
- When Waiting at the doctor/ dentist etc. If I have to do to the doctor or the dentist or anything similiar I take my book with me, so I can read while I wait. It helps make me feel less nervous and the time spend waiting goes by faster. I hate waiting, so having a book with me to make the time spend waiting more enjoyable is a good thing.