Lola’s Rambings is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are are personal discussions of a certain topic. Sometimes about book related topics and sometimes about non-book related topics. This feature was previously known as About Me. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I got the idea for todays topic on the blog At Random. I am going to talk about ten things you probably don’t know about me. After the succes of the first Ten Things you might not know about me post I decided to do another post about it :). So I had the draft of this post in my wordpress dashboard for ages, until I finally decided to finish the list.
Ten things you might not know about me
- Right and Left isn’t intuitively for me. When I think about it I can easily determine which side is right and which side is left, but when I have to act really fast I just randomly choose a side. I have no idea why these concepts aren’t intuitive for me, it’s not like I don’t what left of right, but when I have to act fast it goed wrong.
- I love food, but I am a picky eater. I love eating and food, as you might have noticed by my Lola’s Kitchen posts and I often asks authors for tens list to list their ten favourite foods. I love eating as well, but I am a really picky eater. Let me list a few of the things I don’t like: champignons, olives, red beans, strong tastes (like old cheese for example). I also can’t stand too strong tastes or when there’s too much salt in my food and often my treshold for too much is lower then that of other people. I’ll do a tens list about foods I don’t like soon as part of my Lola’s Kitchen feature.
- I always eat the same breakfast. I have these long periods of time where I eat the same thing for breakfast. Nowadays it’s cocopops (chcolate flavoured breakfast cereal) and a cup of earl grey tea. Before this it was a cup of tea and two biscuits with chocolate sprinkles (this is quite normal to eat on your bread in the Netherlands, but as far as I know it’s less common in other countries). Before this I had a long time of eating cruesli. It can take years of eating the same thing for breakfast and then sometimes it changes, I still don’t know why. I like the routine of eating the same thing every morning and not having to think about what to eat. I love routine in my daily life and eatign the same thing every morning is part of that.
- I always sit at the same spot on the sofa. I don’t know why, this is just some sort of habbit. And I can’t stand it when I want to sit on the sofa and someone else is on my place. Now that I think of it I also always sit on the same spot on the dinner table. It feels really off to sit somewhere else, although sometimes it happens.
- I love puzzles. Everything from jigsaw puzzle to other puzzles. They might frustrate me sometimes, but I have so much fun figuring out the solution and when you solved it gives a sense of satisfaction. I also like puzzle games like tower defense or the Home Sheep Home sheep game. Or when I go grocery shopping I have this system to fit in as much groceries as possible in my cart without anything getting crushed. I love things like that. Or when I am going in vacation and I have one suitcase and have to fit a lot of clothes inside. I would do that stuf for fun if I could, so anyone need help getting their suitcase packed? Okay I know I am weird.
- I have a good sense of direction. I rarely get lost and find it easy to keep a sense for when I am. When I am in a new city I keep having a general feel or were I started and in approximately which direction I have to walk to get back there. I remember the one time I did get lost when I was on my way to a job interview and it’s the worst. Because I never get lost I can’t deal with it when I do get lost and I panic and stress and can’t figure out a solution.
- I don’t go outside often. I work from home and I rarely go outside and I don’t really miss it. I only go outside when grocery shopping or when visiting my mom or my boyfriend’s parents. So yeah I am the kind of person who sits holed up in her house the whole day and I don’t mind. If I want to go outside I’ll go sit on my balcony.
- I like fruit, but hate the peel. Apples are the only exception to this, I just hate eating fruit with the peel. Especially pears and peaches, I still don’t understand how people manage to eat those with the peel. The down side of this is that always when I want to eat fruit I have to peel them and it always takes so long.
- I hate feeling rushed. Really if there’s one thing I hate it’s feeling rushed, I can’t stand it and it makes me feel like just dropping whatever I am doing. I do everythign to avoid feeling rushed, like starting cooking at 5pm, so I know I can eat on 6pm.
- I fidget a lot. It seems I can’t stand it when my hands aren’t doing anything, so I fidget a lot or I keep touching my braid, almost constantly. It probably looks like I am stressed, but it actually destresses me, it sorta grounds me. Although my fidgeting get’s worse when I am nervous or stressed.