About Me is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or review. About Me posts usually are about books, but are more personal discussions of a certain topic. If an About Me post is about a non-book topic it gets the non-book content posts tag and will be posted on a saturday
I got the idea for todays topic on the blog At Random. I am going to talk about ten things you probably don’t know about me. Okay do here we go, ten things about me, in random order:
1. I am a vegetarian. I do still eat eggs and milk and such, but I don’t eat meat. I have been a vegetarian from the age 13, if I remember correctly, and since then never had the temptation to start eating meat again. I never liked the taste of meat and I don’t care I don’t eat it anymore. Any fellow vegetarians out there?
2. I am afraid of a lot of things. I am afraid of things like dogs, heights, airplanes, orca’s, elevators, cable cars etc a lot of these things involve me not being in control, I am a control freak and not being in control freaks me out. As I have studied psychology I can also tell you that at least my fear of dogs and heights can be diagnosed as a phobia, not that I ever went to a pshychologist to let them be diagnosed.
3. I don’t like phone calls. I don’t like being called or having to call anyone by phone. I always get nervous and I when someone calls me I always have this awkward few second where I am trying to get my bearings and grasp who is calling me and why. And then I usually say hi another time, when I finally have my bearings again., really talk about awkward. If I know I have to call someone I prepare the phone call in my head countless times and still don’t feel any less nervous. So yeah that’s one of the reasons I’ll never get a call center job.
4. I still don’t have my driver’s license. And I don’t plan on getting it either. I also am a bit afraid of cars and being in them and I prefer public transport over getting into a car.
5. My ears/hearing is weird Basically I can’t stand hard, loud, high or much noise at all. My ear can do this weird crackling sound when there is too much noise, which is really annoying and another reason why I don’t like parties. I was still pretty young when I first noticed this crackling sound. It was during primary school meetings where lots of children where together in one room. When we went to a doctor to check it out, the end conclusion was that I was like “a tv with too much red” (really what kind of conclusion is that?) and it was just something I needed to live with. Ever since I wondered if I should see if I get a differen conclusion this time, but on the other hand I really don’t want to go thorugh all those doctor visits again, so I think I’ll just live with it.
6. I can’t stand it if the toilet roll hangs wrong. And yes there is a right and wrong way and I just have to correct it if I see the toilet roll hanging wrong somewhere. Even if I am at someone else’s. yeah weird I know.
7. When I start up internet I always open tabs in the same order. First my e-mail, then Facebook and then my Lola’Blog Tours e-mail. I can’t stand it if they are in a different order. If I open new tabs it doesn’t matter that much where they are, as long as my personal e-mail is always before facebook and facebook before my Lola’s Blog Tours e-mail. I used to have twitter at the end, but nowadays I use tweetdeck.
8. I don’t know how to be angry. Anger is a weird emotion for me and I hate feeling angry, because I don’t know what to do with it. I keep my anger and frustrations inside a lot and if something really makes me angry I have all this angry energy and I don’t know what to do with it. I usually talk about my anger with my boyfriend, but I hardly ever get really angry.
9. I need ten hours of sleep each night. I can go with less hours of sleep, but eventually it catches up with me and my concentration goes down and I get more emotional. So a day or two is okay, but if I have too many days with too less sleep it goes wrong. I usually sleep from 1 am till 11 am.
10. I love Tea. I think I drink about 10 cups of tea a day, maybe even more. If I don’t drink enough tea on a day I get a headache, yeah I think I am addicted to caffeine. My favourite tea flavour is earl grey, but I also love fruit teas (especially orange and apple teas).
So which of these things did you already know about me? Do you have any things you want to share about yourself that most of your blog followers probably don’t know?
Or if you have any questions or things you would like to know about me, ask away :).