In 2016 I am joing the Blogger Shame Review Challenge hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup and Addicted to Happily Ever After. The goal of this challenge is to read books you received for review that have been on your review list for 6+ months count. I have so many books for review that I already have for way too long, so I jumped on the chance to participate in this challenge.
I set my goal to read 12 books for this challenge, so one every month.
The challenge runs from 1 January 2016 till 31 December 2016. A book only counts if it is more than 80 pages, books must be read in 2016, all formats count and re-reads and cross overs count too.
I decided to take on multiple genres for this challenge. I like trying new genres and forcing myself to read more books in those genres. This year during my bookish resolutions challenge I focussed on getting into two new to me genres namely Historical Romance and cozy mystery. I enjoyed both genres so far, so I want to up my goals for both those genres this year. And I decided to also add Romantic Suspense, I have read a few books in this genre, but want to read more of them, so I thought this challenge would be a nice way to motivate me to read more books in that genre as well.
- Historical Romance – Level 1 (Sunbathing): 6 books
- Cozy Mystery – Level 1 (Sunbathing): 6 books
- Romantic Suspense – Level 1 (Sunbathing): 6 books
I am setting my goals low as I am doing multiple genres and as this year I set my goal for both Historical romances and cozy mysteries on 3, I thought doubling that goal would be a nice start. Any books I can read over those goals would be nice.
I am so excited Lexie over at Unconventional Book Views and Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My are hosting this challenge again this year! I read a lot of new releases eahc syear, so I enjoy this challenge. Seeing as I did pretty good with this challenge this year I am setting my goal higher this year, I am going for 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran. Let’s hope I can make that goal!
The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @ Because Reading. The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for books and book blogging.
- Post a Lola’s Advice post once a month. Lola’s Advice is a my new feature for 2016 and it will be a once monthly feature on the first monday of the month, so my goal is to make sure I actualy get those done.
- Get my Netgalley percentage up to 70%. I am horrible at staying away from netgalley, so in 2016 I want to finally get my % up to 70%. In 2015 I managed to stay around the 65-69% the whole year, but didn’t reahc my goal of 70%, so this year I want to make sure I finally want to reach the 70%.
- Get my amount of review books below 55. Ugh this is going to be a hard one, but really necessary. At the moment I have 83 review books and I am still adding more regulary. So I really want to make a dent in this pile. Considering that I will add new ones as well I think trying to get it down to 55 is an optimistic goal already. I have a goodreads shelf to keep track of my review books.
- Bake 4 Cakes/ pies. I have a strong dislike for baking cakes and pies, but I do like eating them. So my goal for the new year is to try and bake them more often.
- Share 2 cake Recipe posts As subgoal I want to find two cake or pie recipes that work and share them on my blog. This is a bit of a blogging goal as well.
- Organize 40 blog tours. Last year I managed to organize 35 blog tours, so I am hoping to do even better this year. Blog tours, book blitzes and book blitzes deluxe count for this goal.
I will do combined recap posts for these challenges every quarter. So at the end of March, June, September and December.