The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week seem was busy again. I had quite some work for Lola’s Blog Tours, with a new tour starting and a cover reveal this week as well as some e-mail correspondence for future tours. Beside that my sister has started with her internship, it was the last week of my boyfriends vacation and we’re trying to settle in a new schedule. It mostly led to me being annoyed often, being busy with work and trying to adjust to cooking every day for 3 people.
Thursday we finally decided to take our rat Pita to the vet ever since Skittles died she sometimes made sound while breathing, which sounded like the respiratory infection she had earlier this summer. Her symptoms weren’t that bad, but got worse this week so we went to the vet with her. She has again a respiratory infection, she probably carries the bacteria or whatever causes inside her and the stress activated it again. She got two different antibiotics and now we’re struggling every day again to make sure she eats her medicine. Pita is a bit of a stubborn rat and she can be a pain in the ass when she doens’t want to eat her medicine. Or she just doesn’t want to get out of the cage at all when it’s time for her medicine and we have to coah her out of the cage with candy, which still takes a lot of effort.
We also went to the opticen as my boyfriend his eyes started to feel weird and sometimes hurt at the end of the day, which usually means he needs new glasses again. So that took up a chunk of friday. We lunched close by the opticen and then it was back home, working, cooking dinner and then playing Fate with friends. It now seems that something might be not completely right with the new glasses as my boyfriend mentioned his right eye felt weird and hurt a bit. So we probably will go back to the opticen this monday to make sure everything’s okay.
The Fate session was ncie, but as I was a bit tired I couldn’t 100% focus on it.
Beside that it was just a busy week, every time something else seemed to pop up that took some extra time and it just felt like a stressful week. I felt rushed and like there wasn’t enough time in a day.
Random Picture of the Week:
New clock on the wal in our bedroom. We where walking past some shopws to pass time while my boyfriend got used to his new glasses and then I saw this adorable penguin clock. I love penguins and my boyfriend bought it for me. It’s so awesome!
Games I played this week:
I didn’t play any games this week.
This week I posted about:
– Book Blitz: Follow (Social Media #1) by JA Huss
– Review: Someone Like You by Karen Rock
– Release Day: Induction
– Cover Reveal: Willows of Fate by Suzanna J Linton
– Book Blitz: Promises Under the Peach Tree by Joanne Rock – tens list
– Coyer Summer Vacation recap
– My To-Be Read List #1: poll
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Follow by JA Huss
– Cover Reveal: Just Desserts
– Re-release day blitz: Darkness and Light by JA Belfield
– About Me: How do you keep track of review books?
– Cover Reveal: Ricochet by Keri Lake
– My To-Be Read List #1: chosen book
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice.
– Cover Reveal: Willows of Fate by Suzanna J Linton – sign-ups open till 2 September
– Cover Reveal: Cross Me off Your List (Saturn #2) by Nikki Godwin – sign-ups open till 28 September
– Book Blitz: Ghost Heart by Ripley Patton – sign-ups open till 19 October
– Book Blitz: Promises Under the Peach Tree by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till 1 September
– Blog Tour: Fairytale Apocalypse (The Verge #1) by Jacqueline Patricks – sign-ups open till 21 September
– Blog Tour: Willows of Fate by Suzanna J Linton – sign-ups open till 2 October
– Blog Tour: On the Move by K.V. Flynn – sign-ups open till 30 September
– Blog Tour: The Sonar Series by B Truly – sign-ups open till 5 October.
Boil (Salem’s revenge #2)
by David Estes
Source: for review
You can find Boil on Goodreads
“The Walking Dead for teens, with ruthless witches instead of bloodthirsty zombies.” –Katie Reed, agent at Andrea Hurst & Associates
Revenge. That’s all that’s left for witch hunter Rhett Carter. The magic-born have stripped everything from him—killed his friends, cursed his warlock father, shattered his future—leaving him bare and broken, but not dead. Their mistake.
When Rhett and Laney are suddenly thrust in different directions, Rhett must decide who to trust and who to kill. Backed by his trusty canine sidekick Hex, Rhett will embark on his deadliest mission yet, one that will lead him directly toward those who want him dead, pushing his unique resistance to magic to the edge and back again as he tries to remove his father’s curse.
Separated from Rhett, Laney seeks to understand the strange changes to her sister, Trish, who’s believed to be the last living Clairvoyant, and what role she’s destined to play in the future of humankind.
Wrapped around everything are four major groups: the Necromancers, the Changelings, the witch hunters, and New America, the remnants of humanity. When the major forces are brought together for an epic battle, the fate of the world hangs in the balance.