The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
So after last week which was a great week ofcourse this week had to turn shitty again. Ugh, it almost feels like I didn’t go on vacation at all. Vacation need to be enough relaxation to get going for while right? This week was a bit busy, but the most annoying thing was a discussion with my mom over money again.
I don’t like to talk about negative things a lot here on the blog and try to say a bit positive, but this week was just shitty and some days it’s just so hard. And getting a real paying job is probably the only thing that will work to get it all fixed. Sorry if I am being vague, but Lola’s Blog Tours basically is my only job I have so far and it’s not enough, but even while I tried I can’t get a job. I am either too old, too educated, don’t have enough work experience, not extravert enough, am not as good as the other applicants etc etc. The only thing job searching seems to accomplish is me getting a bad mood. So yeah that might explain a bit of my bad mood this week as I started job searching again and already had one reaction negative, maybe because I entered as my reason for wanting to work there extra money. Ah well at least I was being honest, I hate lying and job searching seems to involve skirting around the truth a bit too much for my taste already.
Since yesterday one of our rats Pita has been making some weird noises, it’s like she’s breathing a bit hard and sometimes it sounds like a pruttling cofee maker. Beside that she stil seems okay, but if she doesn’t improve, we’ll go to the vet with her tomorrow. I hope she’ll be okay :(.
Okay on a happier note I decide to revamp the Sunday Post a bit, I removed the current giveaway section as that’s already in my sidebar as well and it seemed a bit redundant to have it here as well. I added somethign new, the random picture of the week section, which will be below this one. I hope it adds some more colour to this post and make it more lively especially if I didn’t got any books in a week it feels so empty and text heavy, so I hope the picture counters that. And I added a section with games I played this week, I might remove that in periods when I don’t play games a lot.
Another good thing that happened is that we got some things settled/changed for that Fate campaign some friends and I are going to start soon. I am really excited for it!
After the good experience with indian food during our vacation I am now planning to make more indian dishes myself. I made Indian cauliflower mash last week en it turned out pretty well. I have another indian recipe planned for this week.
So overal it was a shitty week, but luckily also some good things happened.
Random Picture of the week:
Skittles on the sofa under the blue rat blanket while their cage get’s cleaned. Often they just sleep the half day while their cage get’s cleaned, but sometimes they are active. Skittles was active this day and she sat a lot under this blue blanket instead of in the carton box they usually sleep in.
Games I played this week:
– Banished by Shining Rock Software
Banished is a city building game where you have to build your own medieval city. My boyfriend bought it for me during the Steam Summer Sale and I’ve been playing it a lot this week. It’s such a fun and addictive game.
– Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time by Insomniac Games
I have been playing this game for a few weeks now. I only played abit this saturday, but I made some more progress. So far this is one of the best Ratchet and Clank games. They also bring back good memories of when i was younger and spend many days in summer vacation playing games on the ps3. Ratchet and Clank was one of the first games I got for my playstation and I own most of the games in the Ratchet and Clank series.
This week I posted about:
– Review: Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #3) by Susan kaye Quinn – 5 stars
– Cover reveal: Forget Me Not by Stacey Nash
– Review: Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs Trilogy #1) by Susan kaye Quinn – 5 stars
– Sale: One Lucky Night
– Review: Claiming Callie by Paige Rion – 2 stars
– Coyer: progress
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Book Blitz: Goodness of Fit
– Review: Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend #2) by Jk Rock
– Release day Blitz: Second Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #2) by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Review: A Lesson in Temptation (A Stantos Family Novella) by Audra North
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Blog Tour: Little Death by Roe Valentine – sign-us open till 3 August
– Cover Reveal: Complexity (Destiny #2.5) by Cindy Ray Hale – sign-ups open till July 14
I didn’t got any new books this week