The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week for the most part, unfortunately Friday and Saturday we had two really warm days and I don’t deal well with heat. I felt tired, warm and didn’t feel like doing anything.
Work wise it was a decent week. I put a new review opportunity live for a YA classics reletelling with mermaids. I did the usual assistant work and replying to emails. And I made a start with the new audiobook I am proof listening, I made some good progress already.
What did I read this week?
Adrift in Starlight was a great scifi romance book with a great plot and romance that kept my attention throughout. I can’t wait to read more books in this series.
The Phoenix Nest was a fun light read. I really like the way the author brings these mythical creatures alive and there’s a slow burn romance side plot as well.
California Sunshine was a bit disappointing for me as I had expected a different focus. I really wanted to learn more about the trail hiking, but it mostly focuses on the romance. It’s a reverse harem and the sunshine guy wasn’t as interesting, while the grumpy guy was so rude the whole time it annoyed me. I did like how the female main character creates a different bond with all three guys and they all slowly open up to her.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Old Cones and Ice Cream Bones by Elizabeth Pantley
– Review: Whispers Under a Southern Sky by Joanne Rock
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: What They Don’t Know by Susan Furlong
– Review Opportunity: Gambling with Murder by Lida Sideris
– Review Opportunity: Little Women Mermaid Edition by Megan Lois Whitehill – New!
– Cover Reveal: The Bedding Vow by Jackie Barbosa – 15 July
– Blog Tour: Looking for Caylie by Misty Wolf – 11 till 24 July
– Book Blitz: Yearning to Live by Shirley Anne Edwards – 24 till 30 July
– Blog Tour: Dark Goddess by Kelsey Ketch – 7 till 13 August