The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another busy week with days that didn’t go smoothly. I struggled a bit this week for some reason and had some trouble focusing on things. Then in the middle of the week we got the news that my grandma is in the hospital with pretty severe health issues, the doctors are doing what they can and we should know more soon. It doesn’t sound good. My mother was still able to visit her this week in the hospital, which is difficult nowadays with covid as only one person per day can visit.
Now for some good news, my Instagram troubles got fixed. One of my friends managed to help me out and now I can access it again. Yay! Another good thing that happened is that I baked some cookies. I wasn’t feeling too good and I figured baking some cookies would help. They turned out delicious. Here we’re gearing up for Sinterklaas (a Dutch holiday) and a common Dutch spice blend that is used in a lot of things around this time of the year is Speculaas. So I decided to make some cookies with that and they turned out great.
It was another busy week with work as well. I sent out two media kits for a tours starting next week. I put live three new tours, a blog tour, a book blitz and review opportunity. I also did some assistant work and had a tour running this week too.
What did I read this week?
The Relaxed Author was a solid non-fiction read. I liked the focus on being a relaxed author and figuring out what works bets for you. Overdues and Occultism was a short and sweet romantic read with some paranormal elements. It was a bit short, but I liked the resolution of the ghost mystery. I enjoyed listening to Murder at the Taffy Shop, interesting mystery and a likable main character. I am glad I switched to audio for these and I like the narrator. Besides these I also read a few stories in Pets in Space 6. SJ Pajonas’ story was great and I also enjoyed Greta van der Roll’s story. Only 3 more to go!
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Hide or Die by Ember Blaze
– Review: The Handoff by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad
– Review Opportunity: Go Slow by Lee Ducote
– Review Opportunity: Hex Marks the Spot by Ani Gonzalez
– All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova
– Blog Tour: A Suffragette in Time by Connie Lacy – 15 till 21 November
– Blog Tour: Your HR Ally by Melissa Hume – 15 till 28 November
– Blog Tour: Corinth 2642 AD by Bindiya Schaefer – 22 November till 5 December
– Book Blitz: All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova – 26 till 30 November
– Blog Tour: Scattered Legacy by Marlene M. Bell – 29 November till 12 December
– Blog Tour: Sunroofs and Shoeboxes by Jaime L Mathews – 29 November till 19 December
– Bookstagram Blitz: Pulse by B.A. Bellec – 1 till 7 December
– Blog Tour: KidVenture: Twelve Weeks To Midnight Blue by Steve Searfoss – 3 till 23 December
– Blog Tour: The Chosen Twelve by James Breakwell – 18 till 31 January