Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These cookies are a twist on my coconut chocolate chip cookies. This time with toasted coconut! This seems like such a small difference, but it really changes the taste of these cookies a lot.
This recipe is based on my recipe for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flour – 3 cups/ 375 gram
- Butter – 0,8 cup/ 1 1/2 stick butter/ 180 gram
- Shredded Coconut – 1 1/4 cup/ 120 gram
- Eggs/ Flax Egg – 2
- Sugar – 1 cup/ 180 gram
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips – 6 oz/ 3/4 cup/ 180 gram
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- In a pan first toast the coconut. Just put the shredded coconut in the pan on low to medium heat and stir occasionally until it starts to brown. Then stir more frequently until all the coconut is a nice golden brown. Set aside and let cool down a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 347 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
- First soften the butter 30 seconds in the microwave. Then combine it with the sugar and mix well.
- Now add the (flax) eggs and the vanilla and mix for a bit longer.
- Now add the dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and then add the coconut.
- For the last step stir the chocolate chips through the mixture. Now roll balls of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven let cool down for a bit on a wire rack.