Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These cookies are so good! They have the perfect blend of coconut and chocolate, combined in one yummy cookie! I was in the mood for something with chocolate and coconut and figured I would see if Pinterest had a recipe for that and stumbled upon this recipe and decided to give it a try and it turned out so well!
This recipe is based on Half Scartched’s Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Flour – 3 cups/ 375 gram
- Butter – 0,8 cup/ 1 1/2 stick butter/ 180 gram
- Shredded Coconut – 1 1/4 cup/ 120 gram
- Eggs/ Flax Egg – 2
- Sugar – 1 cup/ 180 gram
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips – 6 oz/ 3/4 cup/ 180 gram
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 347 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
- First soften the butter 30 seconds in the microwave. Then combine it with the sugar and mix well.
- Now add the (flax) eggs and the vanilla and mix for a bit longer.
- Now add the dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and then add the coconut.
- For the last step stir the chocolate chips through the mixture. Now roll balls of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven let cool down for a bit on a wire rack.