The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was a bit smoother than last week, but still a bit stressful at times. This was again a busy week with work and I got my new glasses. And I got a nasty headache that stuck around for a bit late this week.
Mid week I could come and pick up my new glasses. It sure took some getting used the first day as I kept getting dizzy if I looked around too fast. The next day already got a lot better and it’s going smoother than I had expected. I am really happy to be seeing better, everything is so crisp and detailed. I can read easier and computer work is easier to now that I see better. The added depth perception thanks to the prism in my glasses is quite nice too, but also the most difficult thing to get used to. I still get kinda confused at times as things look differently than I am used to, but most everyday tasks go without trouble already. I also forget to put it on sometimes as it’s not a habit yet.
I did a good amount of hours of assistant work this week and wrapped up the September work for my authors. I also put two new sign up posts live, one for a non-fiction anthology and one for a dystopian scifi horror book. I also had a tour I organized run this week and I sent out a media kit for next week’s tour. I have more tours and review opportunities I am working on that will go live next week hopefully.
What did I read this week?
Both were great reads. Hide or Die was really good. I’ve enjoyed books by this author before and I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of her new omegaverse book. I liked the author’s take on the genre and the unique dynamics. The world is dark, but the romance is sweet and steamy. I can’t wait for book 2! I also read An Unexpected Debt, which is the first book in S.J. Pajonas’ new series. It’s set in the same universe at her Flyght series and it was fun returning to this world, but now with a new main character. I did struggle a bit with Skylar at times, she goes through a lot in this book, but I didn’t always like her attitude even though it was understandable.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Publishable by Death by A.C.F Bookens
– Review: The Red Zone by Jordan Ford
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
– Review Opportunity: While at the Altar by Pamela D. Smith
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Shadows by Liane Carter
– Review Opportunity: When We Talk by Carrie Crafton
– Blog Tour: Through Dangerous Doors by Robert Charles Lee – 4 till 17 October
– Blog Tour: The Abdication by Justin Newland – 11 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: Charm Wars by Dan Lutts – 17 October till 6 November
– Blog Tour: Get You The Moon by Hasnita Singh – 18 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: Dead Man’s Hex by Ani Gonzalez – 25 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: The Cowboy’s Christmas Retreat by Catherine Mann – 26 October till 8 November
– Blog Tour: Keeping it Under Wraps – 1 till 14 November – New!
– Bookstagram Blitz: Pulse by B.A. Bellec – 1 till 7 December – New!