The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week just didn’t go smoothly. There weren’t any big things that went wrong, I am not even sure why this week felt so off, but just the way the days progressed didn’t go smoothly. There were also some little things that threw me off my schedule a bit. This week just felt tiring.
It also was a pretty busy week with work and I didn’t get everything done that I wanted to. I did manage to take some time and bake some cookies, I hadn’t done that in a while and it’s been nice to have some fresh cookies in the house, especially in a week like this that didn’t go as smoothly. I also managed to schedule some review posts on my blog, so I have some scheduled posts again.
It was a busy week with some extra assistant work as one of the authors I am working for has a big release coming up. It’s exciting to see things coming together. A blog tour I organized started running this week and I put a new blog tour live on my site as well. I am working on some more tours and hope to have some of those live next week.
What did I read this week?
I finished three great four star reads this week. Entitled to Kill was exactly the type of comforting cozy read I was in the mood for. Then The Sorcerer’s Concubine took me by surprise in the best possible way. This book was so good, I loved reading about Velsa and Grau, their romance was so sweet. The world is unique and feels fresh and the concept of artificial bodies in a fantasy setting was well done. I also finished Self Publishing in German which is a great non-fiction book for if you’re considering translating your book to German. Full with great tips and info and I enjoyed learning more about the German market.
My current reads
My current reads are good too. I am still reading The Unicorn Herd and it’s so much fun. I love the idea of this sanctuary with magical beasts and learning about the unicorns. I also started reading Hide or Die, which is my first omegaverse book and so far I am really enjoying it, it helps that I already know the author and like her books so far. The whole concepts of this society and the way omega’s and alpha’s acts is quite fascinating to read about. I am also making good progress on my listening of A Gilded Cage, I really like the narrator and the book is interesting enough, it’s just missing something to really push it up another level for me.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Sorcerer’s Concubine by Lidiya Foxglove
– Lola’s Kitchen: White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
– Review Opportunity: While at the Altar by Pamela D. Smith
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Shadows by Liane Carter
– Review Opportunity: When We Talk by Carrie Crafton
– Blog Tour: Through Dangerous Doors by Robert Charles Lee – 4 till 17 October
– Blog Tour: The Abdication by Justin Newland – 11 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: Charm Wars by Dan Lutts – 17 October till 6 November
– Blog Tour: Get You The Moon by Hasnita Singh – 18 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: Dead Man’s Hex by Ani Gonzalez – 25 till 31 October
– Blog Tour: The Cowboy’s Christmas Retreat by Catherine Mann – 26 October till 8 November – New!