The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week started off okay, but then went downhill from there. This week has lots of small things that piled up, some bad news, things not going smoothly and so forth. Then late this week I got hit with a bad headache that lasted for days. I think it’s because of the heat. There were some days with lower temperatures, but that doesn’t help much inside the house as it stays warm there. I am also not sleeping as well because of the heat. It’s always a bit of an adjustment when the temperatures go up and I really hope it gets better soon as it probably will get even warmer next week.
I got the sad news that one of the author I work for will be taking a break from writing. Luckily one of my other authors has more work for me these months, so that should work out well, but it always takes a bit of adjustment these changes. I think another one of my authors might be shifting something around as well, so we’ll see how that turns out.
It’s been a solid work week luckily. I got some hours of assistant work done as well as tour work. I finished up a new task for one of my authors and it was nice to get that done. A new tour got booked this week and I got the materials for another tour, so I am working on those and both of those should go live next week. I also have a tour I organized running at the moment and I sent out the media kits for the tour starting next week.
And I want to rant for a bit about DRM on ebooks. I got declined for a book on Netgalley in one of my favorite cozy mystery series this week, which made me sad. Even more so as these books are DRM protected, which means even if I buy a copy on release I can’t read it on my ipad. I really wish DRM wasn’t a thing. I believe that pirates find a way past it, but honest readers who just want to read on multiple devices are hindered by it. It just makes me sad and frustrated. My ipad is an older model and while it can handle the kindle app it can’t handle the Kobo app, so converting books I buy is the only way I can read them on my ipad as well. I might be weird this way, but I like reading a series on the same device and I read different books on different devices and it really bothers me when I can’t choose where to read a book. Sorry about the rant, it’s just really frustrating.
What did I read this week?
Draw and Order was a great second book in this series. I like the characters and following them around as they solve this mystery, although I was a bit disappointed someone else solved it.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Spell Caster by Laura Greenwood
– Review: Magic Today by Anne McCluskey
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Replaced Parts by Stephanie Hansen
– Review Opportunity: Iridescent by S.H. Everly
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
– While at the Altar by Pamela D. Smith
– Bookstagram Blitz: Trash to Treasure by Kelsey Rumburg – 14 till 20 June
– Blog Tour: Bea’s Witch by Daniel Ingram-Brown – 21 June till 11 July
– Blog Tour: Home Sweet Home Page by Carma Spence – 21 June till 11 July
– Blog Tour: Life and Other Complications by Heather Mullaly – 5 till 18 July
– Blog Tour: The Jade Talisman by Alanna Mackenzie – 12 till 18 July
– Cover Reveal: Bly by Kelsey Ketch – 22 July
– Blog Tour: The Legend of Hobart by Heather Mullaly – 26 July till 8 August
– Blog Tour: Change by Lyla Oweds – 26 July till 8 August
I got two new books for review this week. I look forward to these!