Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I am not a big fan of beans or salads, but my boyfriend really likes both, so i tried this Mediterranean bean salad for him and it was a big success. I thought I would share this recipe here on my blog with you as well.
This recipe is based on Kuma’s Kitchen Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe. I would recommend this Youtube Channel as it has a lot of good and easy to make recipes.
- Red Bell pepper – 1
- 2 different type Beans of your choice – 2 small cans of about 1/2 cup each (I went for chickpeas and kidney beans)
- Corn – 1 small corn/ 1/2 cup
- Feta Cheese – 100 gram
- Capers – 2-3 teaspoons
You can also add some olives if you like, about 1/2 cup.
- Garlic – 1-2 gloves
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Dijonaise mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- First make the dressing in a small bowl. Slice the garlic in small pieces or use a garlic press. Add the olive oil, vinegar, dijonaise mustard, salt and pepper and stir well till combined.
- Now work on the salad, drain the beans and rinse in water. Then add them to a large bowl. Slice the red bell pepper in small pieces and add to the bowl. Then add the capers. Stir well.
- Now add the dressing and stir well so it coats all the ingredients.
- For the last step slice the feta cheese in small pieces and gently stir through the salad. You can now serve the salad. It stays good in the fridge for a few days.
Want to add some crunch to your salad? You can always add some Roasted Chickpeas, these go along well with this salad.
Cold salads are my favorite hot summer meals. This one sounds great because you can swap out the vegetables and beans to what you have on hand. Thanks for the recipe idea, Lola!
Sophia Rose recently posted… 40-Love by Olivia Dade
I’ve done so many variations of this one already. You really can use whatever you have on hand. Cold salads are great in the summer.
This sounds delicious! I’m definitely going to try it.
Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook recently posted…The Sunday Post: The Calm Before the Storm