The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a busy week and unfortunately a bit of a meh week. I hope all of you who celebrated thanksgiving had a great time.
I had a lot of work to do and then some non work related things popped up that needed to be done as well, which took up quite some time. Then later in the week I had a really bad headache that lasted for days, the worst is over now, but I still feel off and weak. I also have had some troubles finding the right books for my reading mood, which has made me a bit grumpy.
Now for the good news. Work continues to be great and I am so grateful for that. This year has been tough and the past few weeks have been great work wise and that makes me hopeful. I did some assistant work, two tours I organized started this week and another one ended, I put a new sign up post live, I sent out media kits for 3 different tours, as well as some tour related emails. I also had some new tours that got booked that I’ll be working on soon.
And we got our Christmas tree set up this week. It’s so festive and nice to have it in the house again. I also baked some chocolate chip cookies that turned out great.
My apologies for not doing as much blog visiting lately. It’s just hard to make the time for blogging. I still try and fit it in when I can and have some energy, but it’s not as often as usual.
What did I read this week?
I was so happy to finally get my hands on the later Vangie Vale books, so I dived into book 2 right away. It was such a good read, the mystery was another great one with plenty of twists and turns and I enjoy reading about Vangie, she feels so real and you really get a good feel for why she does what she does. I made some good progress with my audio of A Roost and Arrest as well, which is a fun cozy mystery. I am considering DNF’ing my current Kobo read the Bloodless Assassin as it isn’t really gripping me yet. Instead I picked up a short story that was in the back of the box set for the Shifter series by Tory Knightwood.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Wolves of Paris by Tori Knightwood
– Review: Vangie Vale and the Corpseless Custard by R.L. Syme
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Spooks by Athena Flores
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
– Review Opportunity: Who Let the Demon Out? by Naomi Bellina
– Review Opportunity: Knitted and Knifed by Tracey Drew
– Bookstagram Blitz: Once Upon a Prince by Laurie Winter – 30 November till 6 December
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Gallagher Hotel by K.T. Rose – 1 till 15 December
– Blog Tour: The Flyght Series by S.J. Pajonas – 7 till 11 December
– Blog Tour: Death and Decluttering by Nancy McGovern – 4 till 24 January
– Blog Tour: Heaven Falls series by Christopher C. Starr – 10 till 23 January – New!
– Blog Tour: The Twelve Tasks by Katharine E. Wibell – 18 till 31 January
I bought a few new books this week, but didn’t feel like listing them all. Mostly some new fantasy books as I was in the mood for that.