The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a decent week. A few things didn’t go as smoothly and the start of the week was a bit bumpy with us trying to fall into a new routine now my boyfriend doesn’t have his job anymore. It got better as the week progressed. It’s nice to have my boyfriend at home and not have to worry anymore about him potentially catching Covid-19 on his work. The cases here are still rising.
I am busy with tour work and I couldn’t be happier. I put three new sign-up posts live this week, two review opportunities and one blog tour. I am keeping up with emails and confirming tour dates. A bookstagram blitz I organized was running this week so I’ve been busy with that too. Two new tours got booked this week that I hope to get live next week. I am also keeping up with my current assistant work. As well as prepping some things for the author for whom I’ll stop working in a few months to make the transition easier for her new assistant.
I managed to hurt my back this week. I was just crouching down to pick something up and suddenly my back started hurting badly. The worst went over quickly, but it’s been stiff and painful for days and hard to move around now. It’s doing better now, but I still have to be careful as it isn’t back to normal yet.
My attempts to fix my computer problems haven’t been going so well. After running into a weird error with the driver software I am using I decided to try windows it’s own driver’s update option. So I tried that and promptly ran into a new issue and it ruined an issue with my screen that another driver had fixed. I managed to turn that one back to the previous driver luckily, but that was again a bunch of time with no progress. We’re back to fixing the program we were using now.
I am sorry I haven’t stopped by blogs as much lately. It’s hard to find and make the time to do everything. Hopefully I’ll be back to doing some visiting soon.
I baked some chocolate buns this week. It’s the recipe I had for cinnamon buns, but instead I added a chocolaty filling from my Babka recipe to it. They turned out really well. These were delicious!
What did I read this week?
I also finished Carol Van Natta’s Galactic Search and Rescue story that’s in Pets in Space 5. It was a awesome story with plenty of great animals as well as two likable main characters and a griping story. Bookbub Ads Expert was a great read. It was very informative and I loved learning more about ads.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Amethyst Panda by Kay MacLeod
– Review: Gatebreaker by Michelle Wilson
– Review: Lending a Paw by Laurie Cass
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Midnight Temptation by Shari Nicholls
– Review Opportunity: Missing by A.D. Hay
– Review Opportunity: Spooks by Athena Flores
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya – New!
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr – New!
– Book Blitz: The Waltz of Devil’s Creek by Justine Carver – 26 October till 8 November
– Book Blitz: Fire Dancer by Elizabeth Howell – 9 till 15 November
– Blog Tour: Indigo by Paula Berinstein – 9 till 22 November
– Blog Tour: Welcome to Harmony by Dan O’Mahony – 27 till 17 December – New!
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Gallagher Hotel by K.T. Rose – 1 till 15 December
– Blog Tour: The Flyght Series by S.J. Pajonas – 7 till 11 December
I bought some new books this week. I also got The Vicar and the Rake in audiobook format for review from Tantor.