The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week. I know I am surprised too after the few last week which weren’t good. And it was awesome to have a good week again for a change. Monday I took a day off, which was just what I needed. I visited a big city with my boyfriend, we had a delicious lunch there, walked around and did some shopping.
Tuesday it was back to work. I did a good amount of assistant work this week, finished up most of the tasks for this month. And I put two sign-up post live for two book blitzes with review stops for next month. I did some more Lola’s Blog Tours work as well, like replying to e-mails, work on some other tours and e-mailing new sign-ups.
On Wednesday there was a bit of construction noise which woke me up early one day, but luckily it didn’t last too long so I fell back asleep again. We had a lot of rain this week and it’s really feeling like autumn. I enjoy the cooler weather, but I wish we would get a few dry days again soon. I baked some brownies Friday evening, which turned out great. And we re-watched The Road To El Dorado, which is a great and fun movie.
After some 3 star reads this week I was afraid I might land into a reading slump, but my two current reads seem to have prevented that. I made some good progress on two non-fiction books as well and a bit on my audiobook. There are so many books that I am excited for releasing in the next few months, it’s always fun when that happens, although less good for my wallet.
What did I read this week?
Reading wise this wasn’t the best week. I was really looking forward to Double Double Toil and Truffle, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped, so that was a bit disappointing. I accidentally solved the mystery basically and the silly tone didn’t work well with my mood. After that I picked up Cabin Boy as I was really excited for that and I hoped it would be a nice change of pace, but it ended up being a bit disappointing too. There was a lot of sex and not enough of the sweeter and gettign to know each other stuff. I did like how all the guys were different in terms of personality, but I had a bunch of other small issues with it. Cleon Moon only barely got a 4 star, after reading so much of this series recently, I figured I could use a break and picked up a different genre and author.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Be Calm by Jill Weber
– Review: Broken Flyght by S.J. Pajonas
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– The Minimalistic Babe by Lola R. Marie
– The Guest House Witch by Desy Smith
– Dark Reflections by Kelsey ketch
– Roland’s Path by RJ Hanson
– The Composition of Order by Hilary Dartt
– Once Upon An Equinox by Dovie Ruth
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals currently open for sign-up
– Book Blitz: Know You By Heart by Laurie Winter – 7 till 13 October
– Blog Tour: Delicious Disasters by Isabella Louise Anderson – 7 till 20 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Called to Inspire by Marsha DuCille – 8 till 15 October
– Book Blitz: Shadow Prophet by Andrea Pearson – 15 till 19 October
– Book Blitz: Let It Be Me by Laura Chapman – 21 till 27 October – New!
– Book Blitz: Once Upon a Time Bitches by Branden LaNette – 21 till 27 October – New!
– Blog Tour: Grimworld by Avery Moray – 26 October till 8 November
The Alchemist and an Amaretto I got for review and I am excited to start reading this one as I really like this series.