The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
Again this was not a good week. Not sure if ate anything wrong or caught a flu or what, but last weekend I was nauseous on and off and then Monday I felt better again, but on Tuesday and Wednesday I got a major headache that went paired with nausea and slight dizziness at times. I didn’t get much work done on those two days. On Thursday I felt a lot better luckily, but still felt a bit off at times and tired. By now I am starting to feel a bit more normal again, but it was not a good week.
I did still got some work done. I did my standard tour stops checking, e-mail and new sign-ups checking work for Lola’s Blog Tours, although I fell a few days behind at times. I had a new tour that started this week. I did some hours assistant work, just fewer hours than I had hoped for. Not quite the week of catching up and getting ahead I had hoped for, but I am glad with the work I did got done.
I did got quite a bit of reading done. I made some extra time for reading when I felt bad and also made good progress on my audiobook. I also tried out a recipe I found for a coconut cake that turned out great. My list of recipes I still need to type out and schedule on my blog just grows longer and longer. We also watched the second Tremors movie and went out for a nice walk.
What did I read this week?
Mischief and Mayhmen was a great read, I am enjoying this MM romance series set at a fictional theme park. I liked reading about this couple, how different they were and seeing a new part of the park. Christmas Cocoa Murder was a fun Christmas themed cozy mystery anthology, I enjoyed all three of the stories. City Girl vs Country Boy was amazing, both heartbreaking and heartwarming. These characters go through a lot, but there’s also hope and some beautiful moments amidst the hurt.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Christmas Cocoa Murder by Carlene O’Connor, Maddie Day and Alex Erickson
– Review: Summoned by M.A. Guglielmo
– Review: City Girl vs Country Boy by Jordan Ford
Three reviews planned for next week. Two of which I only finished this week. Two of these are four star reviews and one 3 star review.
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– The Minimalistic Babe by Lola R. Marie
– The Guest House Witch by Desy Smith
– Dark Reflections by Kelsey ketch
– Roland’s Path by RJ Hanson
– The Composition of Order by Hilary Dartt
– Once Upon An Equinox by Dovie Ruth
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals currently open for sign-up
– Book Blitz: Know You By Heart by Laurie Winter – 7 till 13 October
– Blog Tour: Delicious Disasters by Isabella Louise Anderson – 7 till 20 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Called to Inspire by Marsha DuCille – 8 till 15 October
– Book Blitz: Shadow Prophet by Andrea Pearson – 15 till 19 October
– Blog Tour: Grimworld by Avery Moray – 26 October till 8 November
I only bought one new book this week, recipe for Chaos. The third book in this series that I am enjoying so far. I can’t wait to read this one. And that was the last of the gift card I won recently.