The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was an okay week, still had some meh moment, but also some good ones. I finished up my assistant work for this month for all my authors and started on some work for February already. And there was a blitz I had organizing running this week.
I also went out for a walk again this week, it was cold, but with a bright sky and not too much wind. It actually made for a pretty nice walk, although I was also happy to get home again and warm up after being outside for a while.
My sister stopped by for a visit, which was a lot of fun. We talked about books, her most recent vacation and more. It’s always nice to catch up with her.
I am working on another jigsaw puzzle. And I found out that listening to an audiobook goes well with puzzling. It’s very relaxing to combine the two and extra fun.
I skipped last month’s stat summary, but this month I wanted to get back at doing them, so let’s have a look at what I read in January.
January Reading Stats
- Amount of Books Read: 12
- Genres: 4 science fiction romances, 2 Fantasy Romances, 2 Paranormal Cozy Mysteries, 1 Paranormal Romance, 1 Paranormal Romantic Suspense, 1 Urban Fantasy and 1 Dark Fantasy
- Favorite Book: Jumper’s hope by Carol Van Natta
- Ratings: 1 book got a 5 star rating (Jumper’s Hope), 6 books got a 4 star rating, 3 books got a 3 star rating and I had two DNF’s.
- Age Category: 11 Adult books and 1 Young Adult
- Book Length: 12 full length books
- Source: 6 books that I bought, 3 subscription service, 3 for review
- New to me Authors: 2 new to me authors: Nancy Warren and Jenn Burke
- Publisher: 6 books were self published books, 3 books were published by Tantor Audio and 3 by Harlequin (Carina press to be exact)
- Type of Romance: 6 books had a FM romance, 4 books had a MM romance and 2 Reverse Harem
- Romance focus: 2 books had romance as the main focus, 7 books had romance as a side plot line and 3 had only a hint of romance
- Point of View: 3 book has a female point of view, 4 books had dual point of view, 4 multiple point of view and 1 had a male point of view
- Country: 2 books took place in the USA, 4 in Space or planets, 3 in fantasy World, 1 in the UK, 1 in Canada and 1 in japan
What did I read this week?
I DNF’d Chase the Dark for now as the narration wasn’t working for me. I might pick it back up later or check out the ebook instead. The Crystal Queen was great and a solid ending to the series.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Not Dead Yet by Jenn Burke
– Review: Lera of Lunos by Alex Lidell
– Review: Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– The Beast of Black Pond by Nancy Gray
– Building Your Empowered Steps by LM Preston
– Behesians by Isaiyan Morrison
– Empty Eyes by Nancy Gray
– Golden Skies by Juan Zapata
– Poseidon’s Academy by Sarah A Vogler
– The Firefly by Nancy Gray
– The Krampus by Nancy Gray
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moment
– Blog Tour: The Jade Rebellion by Alanna Mackenzie – 18 February till 3 March
I got The Impact Zone for review from the author and am really excited about this one as the first book in the series was really good.