The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week. The maintenance stuff outside our apartment building seems almost done as this week there was less noise, or maybe they stopped because of the rain. The weather is feeling more like autumn now as we actually got colder weather and rain this week.
It was a pretty good week in terms of work too. I sent out 3 media kits for tours that are starting this week and did some hours of assistant week. And one of the tours I organized took place this week and I have a new review opportunity I was working on.
And this week I went out for high tea with my mom and sister. It was fun to catch up and the high tea was awesome with lots of delicious food.
My weird reading mood continued this week and I thought picking up a book I was really looking forward to would help, but it didn’t. I think I finally figured the cause for the weird reading mood as now that I picked up The Horse Mistress Book 3 I am enjoying my reading a lot more again. The strange thing is that I don’t binge read usually and this is the third book in this series that I am reading in the same month as book 1 and 2. I thought I needed a break before continuing, but it seems I just wanted to continue this series. On my Kobo I had started an anthology and realized I wasn’t in the mood for short stories, so after reading two stories I switched to a paranormal cozy mystery instead that I am really enjoying so far.
What did I read this week?
I only finished one book this week, but it was a long read. Renewing Forever was a nice contemporary romance read, but thanks to my weird reading mood this one fell a bit flat for me. I didn’t like one of the guys and was unable to feel the romance. I did really like the other guy and the writing is great.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Tomato Pasta
- Fruity Yellow Chicken Curry
- Veggies in chili sauce with veggie nuggets and tortilla wraps.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The raging Ones by Krista and Becca Ritchie
– Review: Best in Show by Kelly Jensen
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Death Island by Kelsey Ketch
– Passage by Indie Gantz
– Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts
– Love & Alliances by Davina Lacey
– The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
– The Beast of Black Pond by Nancy Gray
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
There are no cover reveals open for sign-up at the moments
– Bookstagram Blitz: Recklessly Ever After by Heather Van Fleet – 29 October till 4 November
– Book Blitz: Hex Marks The Spot by Ani Gonzalez – 29 October till 4 November
– Book Blitz: The Second Chance by Catherine Mann – 29 October till 11 November
– Book Blitz: The Unscripted Life of Lizzy Dillinger by Marianne Hansen – 5 till 11 November
I bought these three books this week. Tithed to the Dread Lord is a new release by one of my favorite authors. Immortal Coil got recommended to me by Kristen from Moonlight and Metaphors. And the Dragon Mistress is the newest book in the Eburosi Chronicles series that I am currently reading. I only still need the Lion books now.