The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another pretty full and busy week. I sent out three media kits for events that are starting/ running next week and I fit in some extra assistant work. I also had a few nights I slept less good, which put a bit of a damper on things.
I went lunching with my mom this week, which was fun. We had a good lunch (bagels as usual) and did a bit of shopping. She also made two adorable crocheted rats for me, one of which now has a place on my desk.
Oh and I finally fixed the reply to your comments thing. I thought I had set it so the default would no longer be set to receive a reply to your comments as that isn’t allowed under GDPR rules, but seems it didn’t go quite right (or actually the settings menu was confusing and I should’ve double checked the settings worked correctly). A reader pointed it out, so now i have fixed it so the default is to not subscribe to anything, but you can click to receive e-mail about new comments or replies to your comments only.
What did I read this week?
I finished reading two great books this week, both 4 stars. Blinded was another great read in this series, with some nice ties to previous books. Fallout was a great sequel, although it took me a bit of time to get back in the world, once I was there I really enjoyed the book. It’s a bit of a slow paced read, but I love seeing all the build-up and guessing how things will play out.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Spinach Pasta
- Pumpkin Curry with sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin
- Fruity Yellow Chicken Curry with couscous
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Priestess Unleashed by Lidiya Foxglove
– Review: Fallout by Athena Grayson
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– The Most Special Chosen by Rachel de la Fuente
– Signs of Innocence by Rumer Raines
– After All by Laurie Winter
– Death Island by Kelsey Ketch
– Passage by Indie Gantz
– Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Monster’s Best 2019 – 12 June
– Book Blitz: Blessing of Luna by Blaise Ramsay – 11 till 17 June
– Blog Tour: Beyond the Moon by R.J. Wood – 11 till 24 June
– Blog Tour: Ullr’s Fangs by Katahrine E. Wibell – 25 June till 15 July
– Blog Tour: Everything Under the Sun by Jessica Redmerski – 30 July till 12 August
– Book Blitz: All That Doesn’t by Tracy Krimmer – 20 till 21 August
Seems I was in a sci-fi mood as I got three new sci-fi books this week. To See the Sun I’ve been curious about since I first heard of the book and I was excited to see it pop up on Netgalley and got accepted for a copy. Yay! Hope Saved and Peace Force sounded promising and both were only 99 cents.