The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week. Some fun things and it was a good week for work too. I put 3 new sign-up posts live this week, two book blitzes and one review opportunity. It you enjoy contemporary romances you might want to check them out :). I also did a bunch of assistant work, finishing up last month’s work and I made a start on September’s work.
And the Support the Troops Auction hosted by Anna from Herding Cats and Burning Soup ran this week. I donated a blitz and review opportunity. I sent out a newsletter to my author list and promoted it a bit on social media. It was fun to see people bidding on all the bundles in the auction.
On Wednesday I went out for lunch with my mom. It was fun, we talked a lot, she told me about her vacation, we ate some good bagels and I got some great gifts. Among which some chocolate and a new mixer (my old one was getting very old).
I also bought some new books this week and got a book from Netgalley that I was really excited about. It seems I have to be careful not to accept too many ARC’s for October as I realized I already have 5 October ARC’s at the moment, luckily I am almost done with my September ARC’s and I already have read one of the October ARC’s, so hopefully I can get them all read before the release day.
I only read one book this week, but it was a good one. For my evening book I am reading Rituals, which is pretty thick, so that will take me a while. I probably will finish my current ipad read today, so that will count for next week. I finished one of the jigsaw puzzle and started another one.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week.
What did I read this week?
I only read one book this week, but it was really good. Curveball was a great start of this new series and I am really looking forward to the next two books!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: dinner at sushi restaurant
- Monday: Peanut Pasta
- Tuesday: Peanut Pasta
- Wednesday: Fried Rice
- Thursday: Fried Rice
- Friday: Pasta salad with corn and egg
- Saturday: Onion pie
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Dances Under the Harvest Moon by Joanne Rock
– Lola’s Kitchen: Mashed Potatoes with carrots and onion
– Coyer Summer 2017: Recap
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
– Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares – New!
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Making it Complicated by Clarisse David – 9 October
– Book Blitz: Once in a Lifetime by Kathryn R. Biel – 11 till 24 September
– Book Blitz: Until Love Finds You by Pamela Aares – 18 till 24 September – New!
– Book Blitz: Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 27 September till 3 October
– Book Blitz: Always With You by Hannah Ellis – 3 till 9 October – New!
I bought Two Against the Stars and The Release with my birthday money as those were books in a series I already started and I was eager to continue. Embrace the Romance is the second Pets in Space anthology and I am so excited for this book, I really enjoyed Pets in Space 1 and hope to dive into this one soon. I got it through Netgalley. The Courier’s Code caught my attention in a newsletter and I decided to buy it as it was only $0.99.