The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was again a busy one and pretty productive. In terms of work, there were two cover reveals I organized that took place this week. I put two new sign-up posts live, both for cover reveals. And I am working on some new tours, hopefully I can get some of those live next week. I also got some hours assistant work done, I sent out another author newsletter this week and even had some inspiration for a new service I might want to offer on Lola’s Blog Tours later this year. So another good week in terms of work.
The week started a bit off when it came to reading as I had my first DNF of the year. I was really sad about it as it was a book I was really looking forward to and had high hopes for, but it just didn’t work for me. I left a short review on Goodreads for it. After that I decided to go with a book from an author I already knew and was sure I would enjoy, Lost Souls. It also was a netgalley book and I noticed I am quite close to finally get to the 70% on netgalley.
Ofcourse after that I requested a new book again. And sadly it was a pdf only and a type of file I can’t convert, so I am still trying to see if I can get another type of file for that as else I can’t read it. The pdf is too small on my e-reader to read comfortably. I also had some trouble getting a book from edelweiss this week, so it seems I had some bad luck when it came to review copies. I did got a pdf review copy for a tour and managed to convert that one thanks to a tip I read on Kristen her blog last week to sent the file to your kindle e-mail with convert in the subject. I hadn’t tried it myself yet, but the file came through pretty well.
And last weekend I won a 10$ amazon gift card from Lexxie from Unconventional Book Views through participating in her new release challenge in 2016. It was a nice surprise.
Another week with little time for blogging sadly. I did got two reviews written for the books I read and I hope next week I can get a recipe post written for a new recipe I tried last weekend. I did make some time to play a game for an hour one day. I think this is the first time I played a game this year and that’s one new year’s goal I probably am going to fail.
Picture of the Week
Sorry no picture this week 🙁
What did I read this week?
Lost Souls was really good. I love Kelly Armstrong her Cainsville series and this novella was narrated by one of my favorite side characters Gabriel. It was fun to get to spent a bit more time in his point of view. Landing Luck was a short, fun and romantic read. Tracy Krimmer can write short stories well without them feeling rushed, so I am glad I read this one.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Mashed Potatoes with carrots and onion casserole
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- Monday: Pumpkin curry with potatoes and red bell pepper instead of pumpkin
- Tuesday: leftover Pumpkin curry with potatoes and red bell pepper instead of pumpkin
- Wednesday: Fried Rice with tofu
- Thursday: leftover Fried Rice with tofu
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Lukewarm Couscous Salad
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Daydreamer Detective Opens a Tea Shop by SJ Pajonas
– Review: Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis
– Review: Pancakes and Corpses by Agatha Frost
– Lola’s Kitchen: Pumpkin Curry Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Amanda Lester and the Gold Spectacles Surprise by Paula Berinstein – 27 March – New!
– Temptation Trials Part 1 by B Truly – 7 April – New!
– Blog Tour: The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan by Steve Wiley (Audiobook Tour!) – 13 till 26 March
– Book Blitz: Behind the Lens by Cassandra Giovanni – 14 till 20 March
– Book Blitz: Myths & Legends – 14 March till 18 April
– Blog Tour: Issaura’s Claws by Katharine E. Wibell – 10 till 23 April
His Last defense I got for review for a tour stop early April. Karen Rock is one of my favorite romance authors so I was looking forward to reading this one. I already started it and am enjoying it so far. Come Quietly I got for 0.99$ on amazon, it sounded interesting. Landing Luck I got for review and then later also bought when it got released, I already read that one and enjoyed it. Mabel Opal Pear and the Rules for Spying is the book I got from netgalley and was pdf only, but an acsm file so I can’t convert it. Wishes at First Light I bought as I loved the first two books in the series and own book 3 and 4. I know I want to read this eventually so I bought it. I really hope I can fit book 3 into my reading schedule soon. Joanne Rock is another one of my favorite romance authors.