The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty good week. There was still plenty of work to keep me busy, but a bit less than in the previous weeks. I guess everyone is busy preparing for Christmas. I got a bit more reading done and even a bit of gaming. I got an early Christmas present from my boyfriend, who pre-ordered the game Yooka Laylee for me. I can’t wait to play it! This is probably my most anticipated game release of 2017.
Last weekend we set up our Christmas tree, picture below. We have a small fake tree, but it really adds to the Christmas feel in the house. We did buy a new string of lights for it as the previous ones got very hot when they were on.
A few other random things. You can see my year in books on Goodreads! I thought it was fun to see. And the Coyer reading challenge has started! I always enjoy this challenge and it’s always a lot of fun. I started a new facebook post with free and cheap books for this week. I am trying out this way to share freebies and cheap books during the week, so you can actually get them when they are free or discounted. You can like the post or stop by during the week to check out the comments with free and cheap books. I already posted a few books in the comments.
Picture of the Week
Here’s a picture of your Christmas tree. It feels very festive to have a Christmas tree in the house and I like the new lights.
What did I read this week?
This was a good reading week, yay! I read two shorter reads (Where we Were and A Cotswold Christmas) and managed to end the week with finishing 4 books. I really enjoyed Wild Game, great start of this spin-off series, although I do think it’s best to start with the River pack Wolves series. Where we Were was a great novella that got me curious about this series, I plan to buy book 1 as soon as it releases. A Cotswold Christmas didn’t quite hit the mark for me and fell a bit flat, but it was a cute read. The Trouble with Mistletoe was a great read, I know I took a long time reading this one, but I did really enjoy it and a fun book to read during this time.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: leftover Wraps with curry sauce and rice
- Peanut butter cake
- Monday: Peanut Pasta
- Tuesday: leftover Peanut Pasta
- Wednesday: Pasta Salad with corn and egg
- Thursday: Pumpkin Soup
- Friday: Soup with french bread
- Saturday: Couscous with veggies and egg
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Lipstick & Lattes by Tracy Krimmer
– Lola’s Ramblings: Which of my ten planned books did I read?
– 2017 New Release Challenge: sign-up post
– Review: A Cotswold Christmas by Kate Hewitt
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Across Borders by Lee Ducote
– Don’t Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham
– Name of Ra by Kelsey Ketch
– Single Chicas by Sandra C Lopez
– Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor – 29 December
– Book Blitz: Swords & Stilettos by Kristin D. Van Risseghem – 4 till 10 January
– Book Blitz: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – 9 till 15 January
– Book Blitz: Amanda Lester Series by Paula Berinstein – 30 January till 5 February – New!
– Book Blitz: Reckless Hearts by Heather Van Fleet– 7 till 13 February – New!
Hidden Sight and Beyond Sight were both 0.99$ and I really like the sound of this series and decided to get them both. I got Speak no Evil for review from the author, can’t wait to read this one! I finished The Trouble with Mistletoe this week so I bought One Snowy Night so I can read that before starting the third book in this series.
Freebies I grabbed:
I got the following freebies this week (they were free when I got them):
- Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Tyler (Paranormal Romantic Suspense) Amazon|Goodreads
- That Moment When (YA anthology) Amazon|Goodreads
- Worlds Away by J.L. Hendricks (Sci-fi Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- Netherworld by K.N. Lee (Paranormal Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
- The Retreat by Kelly St. Clare (YA sci-fi Dystopia) Amazon|Goodreads
- Dragons Like it Hot (Paranormal Romance box set) Amazon|Goodreads
- Dumpsters & Dinosaurs by Lois D. Brown (MG Mystery) Amazon|Goodreads
- Open Hearts by Erin Hayes (YA Contemporary Romance) Amazon|Goodreads
Also check out my facebook post here where I list freebies and cheap books during the week.