The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was one of those weeks that started all wrong and then got better again. There was nothing specifically went wrong, but sunday, monday and tuesday everything got me down and I had a sour mood for nothing and I was feeling tired and everything was just bleh. I did bake a lot to compensate for my foul mood, which cheered me up a bit. Since Tuesday my mood improved and I started feeling more like myself. The week changed into pretty good after that. I wrapped up my marketing assistant work for this month, started a beta read and got a lot of reading and snuggling with our rats done. I felt more relaxed at the end of the week and less stress, so I am happy to say that while this week started off wrong it ended right :).
And my grandma gave me money for christmas, so I already spent some to order books! Some pre-orders and two books I wanted to read, but hadn’t gotten around to buying yet. I still have some money left and am deciding whether to buy more books or spent it or something else.
I was freaking out a bit out at the start of the week, about some upcoming deadlines for books I had to read and I couldn’t seem to find time to read. I was happy I got quite some reading done later in the week which made me more confident I can reach those deadlines. One of my new year’s resolutions is to accept less deadline books, they can be so stressful sometimes especially when I am only reading 1 or max 2 books a week.
Also I decided to join Tsu, as everyone seem to make an account there and I thought why not. So I joined. You can find me here and send me a friend request or follow if you want to :).
And Thursday morning I woke up to a nice surprise. I got an e-mail on my Lola’s Blog Tours e-mail from someone who has written a book to help indie authors and he included Lola’s Blog Tours! I feel so happy and honored to be listed in a book, every free publicity like that is a big help, so that really made my day. If you want to check it out you can find The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Quide on amazon.
And Ana from Read Me Away interviewed me about Sinterklaas, a dutch holiday, which involves presents and lots of candy ;). Make sure to stop by her awesome blog and read the
Yesterday was the start of the Winter Coyer! Last summer was the first time I participated and I met some great bloggers thanks to it. I love the Coyer facebook group and the challenge is a lot of fun as well. I am excited for this Coyer to start. I am currently beta reading a book, not sure if that counts for Coyer or not. And next up is Odin’s Ravens, which I bought so that one won’t count either, but after that I am going to start a book for Coyer :).
What did I cook for dinner this week?
– Sunday: Ramen – new recipe
Extra: Apple Crumble Muffins – new recipe
– Monday: Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie – recipe post coming in march
– Tuesday: Risotto with corn, carrots and apples
Extra: Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles – included as variation tip in recipe post in february
– Wednesday: Potatoes and Peas Curry
Extra: Apple mini pies – this was a failure as the dough was really bland, trying this again with different dough once.
– Thursday: Onion and Yoghurt Egg – new recipe
– Friday: Spinach Cream with spinach and cheese tortellini – recipe post coming in March
– Saturday: Spaghetti with tomato sauce (made by my boyfriend)
Extra: Apple Pie – new recipe
Random Picture(s) of the Week
I made a tissue box paradise for the rats this week, they love playing in it and tearing it to pieces. Boxes make some of the best rat toys. There are holes in the boxes connecting them to each other and tie rips to keep them together.
And meet Schmoozie, a new addition to my desk. Schmoozie is a screen cleaner for computer, phone and ipad screens as his bottom is made of micro fiber. He was part of my boyfriend’s christmas package. Isnt he cute? The Kitchen is the only place with enough light for my camera, for anyone wondering about the weird location the picture was taken.
This week I posted about:
– Review: Atonement (Debt Colector #18) by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Blog Tour: Wearing the Cape by Marion G Harmon
– Read Play Blog #5: What’s on your gaming wishlist?
– Review: Ghost Heart (PSS Chronicles #3) by Ripley Patton
– Lola’s Ramblings: How do you Review?
– Coyer: Winter Goal Post
– Review: Debt Collector Season Two (Debt Collector #10-18) by Susan Kaye Quinn
What to expect next week on the blog
– Review: The Aether Sea
– Reading Assignment Challenge: Goal Post
– Review: Gifted by Kelley Armstrong
– Lola’s Ramblings: Merry Christmas
– Review: Odin’s Ravens (The Blackwell Pages #2) by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
– Twelve Days of Christmas – two chick lits
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
I didn’t got any new books this week.