Lola’s Rambings is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are are personal discussions of a certain topic. Sometimes about book related topics and sometimes about non-book related topics. This feature was previously known as About Me. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
Ever since I read this post on Nose Graze her blog about her daily routine I’ve been wanting to write a post about daily lives and what they look like. I just find it interesting to know what people their daily lives look like, so make sure to leave me a comment! Most of my days look pretty much the same, I have a daily routine and don’t like it when something messes it up, unless I planned it.
What does a day in my life look like?
- Standing up and breakfast. I never set an alarm clock and just get out of bed whenever I feel like it, it’s one of the things I love about my job and being able to plan my own schedule. Normally I get around of bed around 12:30pm, that probably get’s a bit earlier once my boyfriend starts school again in february and goes back to 11am. I get out of bed, take a shower and then get breakfast. My breakfast always consists of a bowl of cocopops (chocolate flavoured rice breakfast cereal) and a cup of earl grey tea. During breakfast I play Hay Day on my ipad.
- Household chores. After breakfast I do any of my household chores that need to be done that day, like doing the laundry. I do the laundry once every two days. I get the clean wash down and put a new wash in the laundry.
- Pre-dinner work. First I stop by the rat cage to see if anyone’s awake and get any awake ratties out to help me with my work. If the rats are very active I might get them out earlier during breakfast already. Then I sit down behind my computer and get to work. Pre-dinner my priority is always Lola’s Blog Tours. I open my browser and open some tabs for my personal/blog e-mail, facebook, my blog, Lola’s Blog Tours e-mail and google drive. I check facebook for any important things and promote today’s blog post and then I switch my attention to Lola’s Blog Tours. I check my e-mail and answer any that need replying. Then I go to google drive and check all the open sign-up forms, my tour host form and author sign-up form. If there are new sign-ups or tours host I e-mail those and update the tour schedules. If I have to send out media kit or work on the sign-up post for a tour I do it now. If it’s a laundry day I take a quick break to hang out the clean laundry to dry. And around 3pm I make some lunch which I eat behind my computer while doing some personal/blog e-mail checking or something else that I can do with only one hand and doesn’t require too much typing.
- Time to cook! Around 5pm I stop work and start cooking dinner. That usually takes me around an hour and we usually have dinner around 6pm. After dinner I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and put it on. I set some tea and make my dessert and return to the computer. Or if I feel like baking I probably spend only 20 minutes behind the computer before I return to the kitchen.
- After dinner work. I usually check my personal/ blog e-mail after dinner, check facebook and some light work like that. I have one e-mail account were I receive mail from both my personal and blog e-mail address. I reply to any e-mails that need replying or leave them in my inbox till the next day if I don’t feel like doing that now. Most e-mails I get there are either spam, goodreads, e-mails about blog comments and review requests. If I have any work for Lola’s Blog Tours left to do I finish that up. Then if I haven’t completed my marketing assistant work for the month yet I spend an hour on that.
- Blogging. When all my work is done and I have time left I might write a blog post and then spend an hour or two visiting blogs and commenting.
- Reading Time! An hour or two before I go to sleep I pick up any awake rats and retreat to the bedroom were I sit reading on the bed for about an hour. Reading relaxes me and while I had some routines where I didn’t read before bed I like reading before bed first as else my mind is too busy too sleep or I have weird dreams.
- Off to bed. Then off to bed it is and next day everything starts from the beginning again.
Most days it follows this pattern, but if I don’t have a lot of work I might spend some time earlier on the day blogging or alreayd reply to some comments before I start work. I always depends a bit on my mood and the day, so things can varry a bit. I also might skip blog commenting for a day if I have a lot of work.
Which days differ from my normal routine?
The only days that differ most from my normal routine are Tuesday and Sunday. On Tuesday I clean the rat cage and I am busy with that from after breakfast till dinner. If I am done early I might get some work for Lola’s Blog Tours in before I have to make dinner, but it’s usually not much. On Sunday I usually try to make more time for blog commenting, I like to stop by Oh The Books their weekly recap post and visit a large chunk of blogs on their lists of blogs who post discussion posts. I also stop by most of my favourites blogs and some other blogs who do the sunday post. I usually already do some blog commenting before dinner on sundays. Another small exception from my normal routine is Thursday evening when I skype chat with my mom after dinner, this usually takes an hour or two, so I often do less blog commenting on that day or try to fit in blog commenting earlier.
Do I always have the same routine?
My routine changes now and then, before this I used to have a routine where I took a lunch break and read during lunch break and not before going to sleep. I also had a routine were I spend time watching Star Trek or a movie with my boyfriend before going to sleep instead of reading. Usuaullt my routine changes not very often, but every few motnhs small changes like this may occur or when somethign big changes in my life.