Lola’s Ramblings is a feature on my blog Lola’s Reviews where I ramble on about a book related or a non-book related topic. These are discussion type of posts where I talk about a topic and readers can weigh in on the topic in the comments. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like tours, cover reveals, memes, challenges, recaps or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are discussions of a certain topic and my point of view on them. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
As it’s a new year I thought it would be fun to talk about which new releases I am excited for this year. Ofcourse there are way too many to all list here, so I limited myself to 10 books.
Ten New Releases I want to Read in 2016
- Untitled by SJ Pajonas. Ever since SJ Pajonas mentioned she’s writing a cozy mystery I have been really excited for this book and series and I can’t wait to get my hands on it and the sequel!
- Grilled for Murder (Country Store Mysteries #2) by Maddie Day. Flipped for Murder the first book in this series was one of my favourite cozy mystery books I read last year, so I am eager for the sequel.
- Saven: Disclosure (Saven #2) and Saven: Defiance (Saven #3) by Siobhan Davis I really enjoyed the first Saven book and with all the foreshadowing going on I am really curious to see what will happen next. And another great thing about Siobhan her books? You don’t need to wait long for the sequels as both book 2 and 3 will be released in 2016, yay!
- City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong. There is little that excites me more than a new series by one of my favourite authors and I have been eager to finally read this one. I’ve had it pre-ordered for months already and even though it’s been released in e-format already as a 6 part serial, I wil patiently wait till I have the paperback copy and can read the whole story at once. The premise sounds so good!
- Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade #3) by Jennifer Estep. I loved the first book in this series and while I haven’t read the second book yet I already have the third book pre-ordered and I can’t wait till I can get my hands on this book. If I am correct this is the last book in the series, which does make a bit sad, but also curious to how it will end.
- Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge #3) by Jill Shalvis. I only read my first Jill Shalvis book last year, but I am already addicted to her Cedar Ridge series and I can’t wait to read book 3 in this series!
- Untitled (Amanda Lester, Detective #4) by Paula Berinstein. I read the first Amanda Lester book last year and I loved it. I have a copy of book 2 and 3 and am hoping to get around to reading those soon. And I can’t wait for the fourth book in the series!
- The Illusory Prophet (Singularity #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn. I really enjoyed the first two books in this series and am looking forward to reading this one.
- Betrayals (Cainsville #4) by Kelley Armstrong. All of the first 3 books in this series were 5 star reads and I can’t wait to read the fourth book in this series.
- A Disguise to Die For (Costume Shop Mystery #1) by Diane Vallere. I already have this one pre-ordered, it just sounds so good and original! And I really am getting into the cozy mysteries lately, so I can’t wait to read this one.
And there are even more which didn’t make the list that I have my eye on.