Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
For today I thought I would do something a bit different than share a recipe. Instead I’ll talk about my favourite fruits and veggies. Coming up with a top ten for each of them proved to be too hard, so I decided to combine it into one post with two top 5 lists.
Top 5 Veggies
- Red Bell Pepper. If you have read some of my recipe posts you probably know that this is my favourite veggie. I buy anywhere between 4 or 8 red bell peppers each week. I love them and in my opinion they fit into every dish and I will probably add them to almost every dish when possible. As a kid I didn’t like them, but when I became a vegetarian I forced myself to learn to eat this and now they are my favourite veggie.
- Onion. Onion is one of those veggies that easily adds a bit more veggies to every dish without you being conscious of it. It easily blends into a dish and I like eating onion. It’s yummy and fits in lots of dishes. I enjoy the smell of baking onion.
- Corn. While I eat this one not as often as the first two I still am a big corn fan. We always have a few cans of corn in storage and now and then buy corn on the crob for dinner as well. I like how corn is a bit sweeter than most veggies and I like the taste and texture.
- Potato. I’ve always liked potatoes, although I don’t like them bland. I like them baked, in a curry, mashed or any other way. I like how they are fill well and I like the taste and texture as well. I like to add potatoes to my curries or other sauces.
- Lentils. I am a big fan of lentils, especially in curries. I usually buy them storebrought from cans, but I want to try and buy dry ones once, where you have to boil them first. To see if the taste differs that way. I like how they can be nice addition to a dish and I can easiy pull open a can and add them to a dish.
Top 5 Fruits
- Mango. Since this year we staretd eating more mango and they are one of my favourite fruits now. They are very sweet and delicious. I love the taste of them.
- Banana. Another fruit I like are banana’s, preferably a little green and not yet ripe, then they are the best. I like how they are easy to peel and eat and make for a yummy snack. I also like to add these to cakes or other bakings.
- Apple. I like eating apples or putting them in bakings, like apple crumble or muffins. If you buy the right apples at the right time they can be very good and I like the taste of apples. It’s always have been one of my favourite fruits, the only thing I hate is peeling them.
- Pear. Same as apples I hate peeling them, but beside that I love pears. I don’t buy them as often though as it’s hard to buy and eat them on the right moment and I only like the sweet juicy pears. I dislike the fact that it always feels like they are only perfect on one or two specific days.
- Peach. I liked peaches and abricots when they are in season. They taste delicious ad sometimes I buy fruit dirnks with peaches in them as I like the taste.