Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
One of my first Lola’s Kitchen posts last year was my recipe for Risotto, while I listed a lot of varieties in that post, I thought it would be nice to feature another risotto recipe now and then to give mroe attention to a few risotto recipes I especially like. So today I share one of my favourite risotto recipes, risotto with soy sauce and egg. I like adding soy sauce and sambal to eggs when I make scrmalbed eggs and I once got the idea to add it to risotto, add a bit of soy sauce to the risotto as well and you have this delicious risotto filled with veggies and egg.
- Risotto Rice/ arborio rice – 250 gram/ 1 1/4 cup
- Warm Water – one liter/ 4 cups
- Egg – 4-6
- Red bell pepper – 2
- Bouillon Cubes – 2
- Onion – 1
- Olive oil
- Soy Sauce – about 4 tablespoon total (two for the egg and two for the sauce)
- Sambal – 1 teaspoon
- Slice and dice the onion and the red bell peppers.
- Heat the oil in the wok or saucepan. When the oil is warm, throw in the onion and bake the onion until it’s translucent. Then add the red bell pepper and bake for a few more minutes
- Now add the risotto/ arborio rice. Mix the bouillon cubes in the water and throw most of it into the saucepan. Add the two tablespoons soy sauce as well. Let the rice soak up some of the water and then throw in a bit more water. Repeat this step until all the water is gone. You can also throw in all the water at once and come back now and then to check on it. Cooking the rice can take about 20 till 30 minutes.
- In the meantime start baking the egg. Break the eggs open in a small bowl ad stir well with a fork. Then add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and the teaspoon sambal. Bake the egg in a small pan and scramble it
- Once the risotto is almost done, add the egg. Stir wel and let it cook for a few more minutes
- Your risotto is ready to eat! Enjoy
- Risotto with Soy Sauce, Egg and Chicken. Want meat in your risotto? Cut some chicken in small sqaures and add it to the pan with the risotto. You can also bake the chicken seperately, first marinate it in some soy sauce and then bake it, like you do with the egg, and add both the egg and the chicken to the risotto at the end.
- Risotto with Soy Sauce, Egg and cheese. Like your risotto cheesy? At the end add some cheese to the risotto and stir well.
- Vary with veggies. I like red bell pepper for this dish, but feel free to add any other veggies of your choice. I think this recipe would work well with green beans, mushrooms, carrots etc as well.