Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I made this glazed ham for my boyfriend once and it was quite the success so I thought I would share it here on my blog with you as well. Here in the Netherlands we often eat hams like this around the holidays. It’s a very savory glaze according to my boyfriend, with a bit of freshness of the spices and the jam really adds something.
This recipe is based on Jumbo’s Beenham met Marmelade Recipe
- Ham – 400 gram
- Garlic – 3 gloves
- Mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Peach or Orange jam/ marmalade – 1 heaped tablespoon
- fresh Thyme – 15 sticks or so/ dried thyme about 4 teaspoons
- 12 cloves
- First preheat the oven to 347 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
- Then crush the garlic with a garlic press or slice very thinly. In a small bowl combine the garlic with the mustard and jam. Peel the leaves of 2 sticks of thyme and add that as well. Mix till well combined.
- Now grab an oven proof bowl and put the rest of the thyme on the bottom of it. Place the ham on top of it. Push the gloves on the top of the ham, spread them apart a bit so evenly distributed.
- Now spread the glaze on top of the ham. Put it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit, then pull the gloves out of the ham. And then slice slices of it to eat.
- Serve as dinner together with some other dishes or eat the slices on bread.