Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I love cake and I love cinnamon, so when I stumbled upon this recipe I knew I had to try it. It’s a delicious and fluffy cake topped and swirled with cinnamon sugar and pecans. It’s delicious!
This recipe is based on The Recipe Critic’s Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe
For the cake
- Flour – 3 cups/ 375 gram
- Butter – 4 tablespoons/ 56 gram
- Sugar – 1/2 cup/ 100 gram
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk or soy milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 4 teaspoons
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoons (optiona)
For the cinnamon swirl topping
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup/ 90 gram
- Butter – 1 stick/ 1/2 cup/ 120 gram
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Pecan – 2/3 or 1 cup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees delicious.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, eggs, salt, flour, milk, baking powder and vanilla (and optionally the cinnamon). So everything except for the butter. Mix till well combined. Then melt the butter and stir it through the batter.
- Cover a pan of 9 by 13 inches or so with baking proof paper and then pour the mixture into it.
- Now make the cinnamon swirl topping. Melt the butter, then add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Break the pecans into pieces and then mix through the mixture as well.
- Spread the cinnamon swirl topping on top of the cake batter and then swirls it through the dough a bit with a spoon or knife.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes and a toothpick comes out dry. Let the cake cool in the form for about 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack and let it cool completely.