Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These chocolate chip snickerdoodles are some of our favorite cookies. It’s based on my Chocolate Snickerdoodles recipe. I thought what if instead of melting the chocolate and mixing it through the dough, I add pieces of chocolate to the dough. So then this recipe was born and I might like it even more than the original recipe. It has that nice rich coating of cinnamon on the outside and nice chunky pieces of chocolate in the dough. It’s delicious. Definitely give these a try if you like snickerdoodles and chocolate.
For the dough:
- All-purpose flour – 375 gram/ 3 cups
- Baking Soda – 2 gram/ 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 12 gram / 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – 180 gram/ 1 1/2 stick/ 0.8 cup
- Granulated Sugar – 180 gram/ 1 cup
- Chocolate – 180 gram/ 1 cup
- Eggs or flax eggs- 2
For the sugar mixture to roll cookie dough in:
- Sugar – 50 gram/ 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 4 teaspoons
- Sea Salt (optional) – a pinch
- Slice the chocolate into smaller pieces or use chocolate chips, then you can skip this step. set aside and start on the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees delicious/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pick a small bowl and mix all the ingredients for the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then throw it in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, for a few minutes.
- Add eggs (or flax eggs) and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, soda, baking powder and salt) and mix until incorporated.
- Pick a bit of cookie dough, roll in a ball and roll through the sugar. Place on a baking sheet, I usually line up 4 each row.
- Get back to the kitchen when cookie dough has cooled long enough, preheat the oven on 200 degrees Celsius/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit. When oven has preheated bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. Repeat until all dough is gone.
- Let them cool down a bit and eat them ;). Or you can store them in an air-tight container up to 5 days.